Page 1 of 1

Affiliate Links - Canonical Tag - Advice?

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:09 pm
by cookies186
Something I'm thinking about trying and wondering if anyone has tried something similar in the past...

Implementing the canonical tag on the homepage of the site and benefiting from affiliate link juice? Any thoughts? I seem to remember reading that Google doesn't have a problem per say with the canonical tag pointing back to itself?

Re: Affiliate Links - Canonical Tag - Advice?

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:10 am
by VladTepes
For better details on proper and right use of canonical tag, check this article by Matt Cutts: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/canonical-link-tag/

Re: Affiliate Links - Canonical Tag - Advice?

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:07 pm
by trentgrou
I really think that It would be a reliable URL to a real issue when it has a canonical href URL pointing elsewhere. Canonical is useful words until module node will not succeed correctly. In other words, it is designed for use only in a site not on multiple sites.