Page 1 of 1

Is there any limit for search query ?

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:21 pm
by hajskyer
HI all,

Is there any limit for words in search query? or can i type n number of words in search query? how many words does google take for searching a query ? please can any body suggest me regarding this..

Thanks in advance.

Re: Is there any limit for search query ?

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:30 pm
by yinji
you should know that too long keywords is difficulty to find answer what you want search question in google,so short and accurate keywords is important.do ont care limit for search query.

Re: Is there any limit for search query ?

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:33 am
by VladTepes
I'm sure there is, and it is very illogical for a person to search a whole article.

Re: Is there any limit for search query ?

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:05 am
by sumit.dpfoc
I don't think there is any such limitation but it is not recommended as their is not much use of it. It is very hard to find long key phrases in search engines. You can try it if you want an exact answer.

Re: Is there any limit for search query ?

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:21 am
by jdpackaging
I think no limit for search query...

Re: Is there any limit for search query ?

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:30 am
by nedox
Not sure if there is limit, but usually when I type in whole sentence I get pretty much what I was looking for.
Google is good with long tail keywords/phrases and I think that they are pushing their engine to be even better with this.

Re: Is there any limit for search query ?

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:41 am
by Gandhiappliances
Well, exactly there is no such limit for keyword input but it will be illogical to search with a paragraph. A combination of three to four keyword is enough to get the desired results and in case we can go with a complete sentence but not with an entire paragraph.

Re: Is there any limit for search query ?

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:34 pm
by mintdesignnz
No limit probably unless their is a maxlength value on the search box. You should focus on keyword relevancy instead of typing a very long query.

I recommend a 3-4 word query.

Re: Is there any limit for search query ?

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:15 am
by bloomtools
Therer is 32 word limit for search query but you can type more than 32 words in search box. Google will only show result for first 32 word.