Page 1 of 1
Google analytics on locan server?
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:52 pm
by cookies186
Hi Friends
I would like to know how can we track visits on a local server website?, its kind of an internal portal ( not online) and we want to use any visitors tracker on it, is it possible? please help!
Re: Google analytics on locan server?
Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:56 am
by kvnfrnk
I have also installed on our local server and gives me strange results, in fact, only have 500 machines in our workplace and Google Analytics that shows more than 1200 + unique hits like that can not be true at all, and two days after giving statistics to show that his visits now 2-3 for the remaining days, I am so confused and have to answer so many questions.
Re: Google analytics on locan server?
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:16 pm
by lina4u
You can try different tracking websites like alexa or statcounter.com, you should try it!
Re: Google analytics on locan server?
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:23 pm
by VladTepes
I think you are pertaining to track traffics on your "intranet", I don't know if those online traffic statistics tools like Analytics or statcounter could do it, better if you just ask some programmers to do it.
Re: Google analytics on locan server?
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:26 am
by meaganandersen
Yes I think it can be tracked. Using IPs you will know if the visitors are from using the same local sever.
Re: Google analytics on locan server?
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am
by mrac
meaganandersen wrote:Yes I think it can be tracked. Using IPs you will know if the visitors are from using the same local sever.
The problem on using Analytics and Statcounter is that, they can't get the visit data when the "intranet" or local network is not connected to the internet.