Page 1 of 1
Paid Link and Google ranking ?
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:51 am
by bloomtools
Hi all,
I have heard that Google doesn't give much importance to paid link and it doesn't help to get ranking. So I just want to know that how can Google decide that the link is paid or free ?
Re: Paid Link and Google ranking ?
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:59 pm
by tirupati
According to google Algorithm When your site get backlinks from high Page rank website.
Usually backlink from high page rank will be removed after several days even if you pay for an year.
Algorithm
Sudden Backlink high PR
Sudden Backlink high PR on a single day
If it is Non paid link it takes several days to crawl the link itself where as paid link websites are crawled by google every few hours.In google that sites will be marked as paid directory.
So when u submit to directory select free submission only
Re: Paid Link and Google ranking ?
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:04 am
by nchrist
wowowo0080 wrote:google will not know it is paid link
I think they have their own way of knowing if that link is paid or not.
Paid links are valuable if you want your product to be noticed by consumers quickly.
If you're just doing this out of laziness, maybe it's not a good idea.
Re: Paid Link and Google ranking ?
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:01 pm
by AStateOfLogic
I've often wondered myself how they could know if it is a paid link. I suppose some of the answers I've seen posted would make sense.
Re: Paid Link and Google ranking ?
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:13 pm
by rickstan
Ya I don't think it matters unless the link is a 'nofollow' link, which doesn't pass on the 'link juice' a.k.a PR. Social networking sites and such are usually nofollow, though this is a tag that many other sites are using, so make sure if you pay for a link that it doesn't have this tag!
Re: Paid Link and Google ranking ?
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:15 pm
by VladTepes
Google being in the internet business for so many years, I'm sure they have their own way of classifying many kinds of internet links, from affiliates, hidden links and even paid links. They are aware of it and actually introduced rel="nofollow" tag to protect and prevent those who are buying and selling links to get banned due to a form of manipulation.
Re: Paid Link and Google ranking ?
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:02 am
by kuyun
google will not know it is paid link
Re: Paid Link and Google ranking ?
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:35 pm
by jonnyhardbaked
I don't know how Google determines if a link is paid or free, but I know Google has its own way of knowing if that particular link is paid or free.
Re: Paid Link and Google ranking ?
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:36 am
by Justinpage
So, that proves that paid links are not that safe at all. As you can see, majority are saying that your site is at risk when you use paid links. The bottom point is, it is more safe to use free links than paid links.
