Page 1 of 1

Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in 30 d

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:29 am
by kathiny
First, I made the most of Technorati tags. I tagged every key word in each of my posts. Initially I did this manually but them I discovered a WordPress plugin called SimpleTags that made the job a whole lot easier. I found that by tagging my post effectively they were getting a lot more attention then their untagged counterparts, and as an added advantage I was getting focused, quality traffic to the site!

I leveraged my existing website. I’ve been running my business website for a few years and that was getting modest levels of traffic that was relevant to my blog – so why not try to drive some of that to my new blog! I placed a few FeedBurner headline animator blocks on some of my most popular pages and after a day or so I noticed a significant increase in traffic for 5 minutes worth of work on my part.

Finally, I made effective use of trackback links to popular sites. If I commented on a post on another site I would make sure that I set up the appropriate trackback for it. The results from this are varied depending on the site and post that you are linking to but since I liked to comment and interact with the wider blogosphere anyway, it was free traffic!

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:31 am
by santoshshuklaets
By doing SMO you can increase tarffic to your website.

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.punepackersmovers.com/

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:45 am
by regan
Speaking about blog commenting, did the trackbacks show you relevant results? That would be a significant experiment, since Panda quite wiped off the link juice of these comments. Also, about the Technorati tagging, did you focus only on it or do keyword optimizing in the body of the posts, too? Afaik, the tags are not that useful for ranking in Google too, since they seem to be redirected with JavaScript, which Google does not follow. And it's Google we all seek eventually. I don't say I doubt your experience, just it would be useful to sustain it with actual analytics because it seems to vary from the traditional practices and it would be a way to follow if the statistics are good.

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:24 am
by wlcindia
Thanks for sharing such a nice topic.

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:01 am
by kutuno
What I want to know is why I should care? I mean, not to say that what you’ve got to say isn’t important, but I mean, it’s so generic. Everyone is just talking about this man. Give us something more, something that we can get behind so we can feel as passionately about it as you do.



Removed_for_spam HDMI Cable

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:06 am
by VladTepes
Might work for traffic but how about ROI for sites that sell true products or services? It is just a waste of the traffic came from irrelevant clicks.

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:36 pm
by BennyC
SEO will help increase traffic!

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in 30 d

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:23 am
by Trand1970
Manual submission is best for blog submission and it's gives you additional benefits.