Reciprocal Link Exchange is DEAD !

For discussion of Link building methods.
kausik

Reciprocal Link Exchange is DEAD !

Post by kausik »

Hi,

Do you know reciprocal link exchange will not help us any more ? Search engines are now looking for links which are purely one way. We have made fool search engines for over 3-4 years with our artificial link exchange tricks for links. What actually relevant links means? Search engines earlier concept was when we thought a site is important for viewers of our site we placed them on our site, so that our visitors can get some relevant information which may not be in our site. But how we have utilized it ? We started to exchange links with thousands of sites (some relevant, mostly non relevant) to get link backs.

Now those kinds of irrelevant links will not give you any mileage but if those sites are poorly irrelevant then search engines may penalize you too. So it'll be better if you drop those irrelevant links from your site.

PR doesn't matter!!!
If you find a site which is relevant to you and your visitors can get benefit from that then only exchange link with that site PR doesn't matter really. Google engineers say PR is only for better viewing experience of your visitors.

If you get even PR 0 link back from a relevant site to you then exchange one way link with it.

How you’ll get one way link?
Tough question. You need to have more than one website to get one way link back from another site. Suppose you have web design related site www.zzz.com and you want to get one way links. Then first step is to make another web design related site say www.yyy.com . Provide a link back from www.yyy.com to that site which will place a link to www.zzz.com to it’s site.

Getting links from well categorized sites very important too. There are lots of FREE directories available now and they gets very good PR within few months. From there you’ll get plenty of one way links totally free of cost.

So only concentrate on getting one way links for your site. Relevant Links, Links & Links is the only way after you optimize your site properly. Mind it only contents optimization will not drive you to Page 1 on search engines. Google, Y! and MSN all heavily rely on links.

Bidera

Post by Bidera »

I'll have to respectfully disagree with some of what you said.

All that I have read recently indicates, that SEs are much better at filtering obvious mass link exchange attempts.

I feel good that Bidera Auctions never attempted to engage in such mass link exchange, we only exchanged with a handful of hand picked sites.

Having 1000s of link exchanges = bad, having maybe 30-40 highly relevant link exchanges = pretty good.

However, relevant link exchange still works. Many many highly respected sites have links to some of their partners and back. Of course you want to have one way links too and the rest of the whole deal.

So yeah having 20-30 highly respected sites link to you is even better. ;)

wmseo2

Post by wmseo2 »

They've at least been devalued, but their not worthless by anymeans (the relevant one's that is).

munt

Post by munt »

stop spreading misinformation :roll:
[url=http://www.webspassage.com]directory[/url]

AfricanMango1

Post by AfricanMango1 »

That´s a bunch of non-sense stuff... What´s the source of what you´re saying?
Reciprocal Linking is as valid as always, and will keep being valid. A link is not worth less for being reciprocal, what SEs are doing is just considering the relevancy of the inbound links, decreasing the value of the non relevant links, no matter if they´re reciprocal or not.

TexSurance.US

Post by TexSurance.US »

I have to agree,

PR is stilll important.

And even as methods evolve,

PR will remain a factor.

That's like saying it's really healthier not to take a dump,

In both cases - seems you are full of poop...

:twisted:
http://www.TexSurance.US
30 Second Health Quotes from Top Texas Insurers in 1 Master Report online

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

fxpro

Post by fxpro »

Why does Google not see my inbound links? Does "sandbox" exist really?
[url=http://www.fxpro.com/]FX Pro - Online Forex Currency Trading[/url]

Ka-canor

Post by Ka-canor »

Still reciprocal helps to increase back links. Just continue to search relevance site.

fxpro

Post by fxpro »

Yes, There are 18 links Google fixes already.
[url=http://www.fxpro.com/]FX Pro - Online Forex Currency Trading[/url]

localboy

Post by localboy »

Google has never been one to show all of the inbound links. It used to be only the PR 3 IBLs would show up, but now it seems to just be possibly random.

I do believe that links do work, when done judiciously. In other words, done with themed sites. The searchengines like to see that you link to sites that may be of use or interest to your visitors and that the other sites do the same. In my experience, it really can help get a site off the ground and to a good start as well.[/quote]

Ka-canor

Post by Ka-canor »

I think excessive link exchange is not good for your site.