link exchange page

For discussion of Link building methods.
80smusic

link exchange page

Post by 80smusic »

If reciprocal links are less value to you, why do people not make their links pages non-indexable by search engines?

viradian

Post by viradian »

If links pages were not allowed to be indexed, then the links would be pointless. You want links pages to be indexed so that all of the links on that page get credit for the site they point to.
Last edited by viradian on Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

80smusic

Post by 80smusic »

but thats what I am saying. having the links indexable make the link back to you of less value. i was wondering why people dont do it, even though it would be bad practice

dvduval

Post by dvduval »

They don't want search engines to see they are exchanging links.
If you have quality link partners, this shouldn't be an issue.
I would be wary of people who do this, and find out why.

doogers

Post by doogers »

I am a little confused with reciprical links? Can someone explain. Thanks

80smusic

Post by 80smusic »

its when you post a link on your site to another site and they do the same for you

viradian

Post by viradian »

fadetoblack22 wrote:but thats what I am saying. having the links indexable make the link back to you of less value. i was wondering why people dont do it, even though it would be bad practice
Some people will set up their links pages with a robot, no follow meta to turn Googlebot or other spiders away so that it won't follow the links to other sites...this way they get credit for a one way link instead of a reciprocal link. A one way link is more valuable. So if your site is on that page, you think you're getting credit for a reciprocal link, but you're actually not getting any credit at all because the robots don't know your site is there.

This a a black hat practice and if any webmaster knew a site was doing this, no one would exchange links with them.

You need to be careful with what sites you exchange with. I am pretty descrimitory when it comes to exchanging links

hoanginlove81

Post by hoanginlove81 »

I think reciprocal links is very important. I knew 2 site for that
http://www.linkmetro.com and http://www.linkstraffic.net

harrysmith

Post by harrysmith »

IMO, today reciprocal links are of not much use for improving PR or link popularity. If you trade/exchange links from irrelevant site then this may affect your site indirectly...
Also if you have a page which is having all traded/exchange links and you have played a tactic of using " nofallow tag " so that such links are not viewed by SE then first question come; Why you placed such link on your site which you don't want spider should crawl.
IMO doing such blackhat tactic you tries to fool SE's so be careful which playing with links.

80smusic

Post by 80smusic »

I've seen a few sites do it to my links and have caught them out by emailing asking it to be removed

80smusic

Post by 80smusic »

There isn't much you can do to stop it except check the links.

rollings

Post by rollings »

Hi

This is good topic. I want know that if there is any tools, software or websites that checks whether or not the site is using black Hat SEO or not?
This could happen to new sites who are desperately looking for link partners.
Please can any one give light on this one..

Thanks
Katie

80smusic

Post by 80smusic »

http://www.backlinkwatch.com will show all backlinks to your site that have the no-follow tag

biggamestop

Post by biggamestop »

fadetoblack22 wrote:http://www.backlinkwatch.com will show all backlinks to your site that have the no-follow tag

Cool Tool....Thanks
Play Free Online Games @ www.biggamestop.com

jasonk1234

Post by jasonk1234 »

this is one of those must have tools.

Thanks for the hook-up.

after testing my site the report says I have 2 no-follows out of the 40 backlinks I have. Is there a way to go and maually remove the no-follow tag from that specific link?

also I'm not to sure what outbound and external links are?