Google Sitelinks

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
SEOGuruNYC
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:22 pm
Contact:

Google Sitelinks

Post by SEOGuruNYC »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone noticed a recent change to the Google Sitelinks within the last couple of days.

I have been watching few sites and just noticed that one lost its sitelinks and the other one the lsome inks were dropped.

Also the other thing I noticed it when you search for the same word few times in Google, something the results changes after the first two.

I thought this was a strange behaviour.
[url=http://www.verragio.com/Engagement-Rings]Engagement Rings[/url] by leading engagement ring designer Verragio

cirquelodge
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:42 am
Contact:

Post by cirquelodge »

One of my sites dropped about a quater but the others haven't, it might be a clear out of old sites
[url=http://www.cirquelodge.com]Drug & Alcohol Rehab Center[/url]

jgalty
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:07 pm
Contact:

Post by jgalty »

A bunch of my keywords dropped a ton for some reason.
[url=http://wiredtogether.ca]Web Design in Barrie[/url]

seosean
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:17 pm
Contact:

Post by seosean »

I've also noticed there have been some changes in the Google algo but for site links I've noticed that more sites seem to be having them but only when you search for specific keywords do those site links show up.
I provide SEO Services - check me out!

viradian
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by viradian »

I have not noticed a back link change in the last few days...also, the reason you've seen changes in google results is because you are accessing different data centers. There are a lot of data centers and they all have similar results, but they are not all exactly the same. It would account for sites changing positions when you hit refresh.
http://www.my-pillow-place.com

rayter
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by rayter »

I didn't notice such changes. My sites' sitelinks remain the same. It is probably just some kind of fluctuations or something.

VladTepes
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
Contact:

Post by VladTepes »

Google have been changing, testing and implementing many changes in their algorithm. I don't think they are dropping some keywords, they were just due to algo changes, just like they are not making any changes in their ranking & quality guidelines. In times like these and always, all we can do is to keep our sites cached and indexed by SE bots.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

SEOGuruNYC
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Google Sitelinks

Post by SEOGuruNYC »

Google is doing some changes for sure and I think they are testing a new algoritim because the results, at least in my region changing by the hours then they go back to normal.

I thought maybe someone heard something about this, nothing on the news or blogs about it.
[url=http://www.verragio.com/Engagement-Rings]Engagement Rings[/url] by leading engagement ring designer Verragio

mcl1989
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:28 am
Contact:

Post by mcl1989 »

This happens to me all the time! i wouldnt worry to much about it!

myndconsulting
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Unit 5, G/F, Landco Corporate Center, Bajada, Davao City, Philippines
Contact:

Post by myndconsulting »

Yes, I noticed that sometimes my search get results with sitelinks for my company's website and sometimes it's gone the day after.

Something is cooking at Google.

Try to use your Google Webmaster account to manage your website's sitelinks.

online-internet-dating-se
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:45 pm
Contact:

Post by online-internet-dating-se »

VladTepes wrote:Google have been changing, testing and implementing many changes in their algorithm. I don't think they are dropping some keywords, they were just due to algo changes, just like they are not making any changes in their ranking & quality guidelines. In times like these and always, all we can do is to keep our sites cached and indexed by SE bots.
yeah we agree. Google is testing...
[url=http://www.online-internet-dating-services.com/]Online Internet Dating Services[/url]

KrazyG
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:25 pm
Contact:

Post by KrazyG »

Is this situation new to all of you here? Google is always unpredictable! You will always be surprised with what's to your site every now and then. They're good at it, making us panic for just a minor changes.
[url=http://www.qualitymatters.com/Barbeque-and-Grill-s/90.htm]Weber BBQ Grills[/url]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 797 guests