Migrating site from Googlepages to new domain

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
stnnetindia
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:07 am
Contact:

Migrating site from Googlepages to new domain

Post by stnnetindia »

I have a site in Googlepages.com namely http://thekeralatemples.googlepages.com. I am planning to have my own domain for this project as "thekeralatemples.com".

Now i have more than 250 back link and 300+ pages indexed in Google. If i migrate this site into new domain, will all these advantages lose??? I have to start from scratch??? :-(

pls advice.

Sreejith
http://thekeralatemples.googlepages.com

seo.doc
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:30 pm
Contact:

Post by seo.doc »

The only way to preserve all your link juice and backlinks is to redirect your old page using 301...
[url=http://www.iweb-marketing.com]Seo Services[/url] Free Consultation

mdamin76
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 pm
Location: On Stage
Contact:

Post by mdamin76 »

I guess you'll need to start link building again for the new domain.

seo.doc
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:30 pm
Contact:

Post by seo.doc »

mdamin76 wrote:I guess you'll need to start link building again for the new domain.
You can preserve it by using 301 redirection this means that your older page or domain will only be redirected to the new one without loosing any of the link juice,weight you have.
[url=http://www.iweb-marketing.com]Seo Services[/url] Free Consultation

Ice_man2
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:29 am
Contact:

Post by Ice_man2 »

I totally agree with "2fk" 301 redirect is the best solution for you.
site redirecting is pretty useful when it comes to traffic preservation.

you can try check this link out to help you with the 301 redirection.
www.isitebuild.com/301-redirect.htm
[url=http://www.theblingkingwholesale.co.uk/][color=blue]Wholesale Fashion Jewelery[/color][/url]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 89 guests