Is Google Page Rank Really Relevant?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
onlinearnings
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:52 am
Contact:

a little confused

Post by onlinearnings »

I am also a little confused about the PR.

I used about 2 months to push my site to PR1.

Henry Andersson
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:34 am
Contact:

Post by Henry Andersson »

Many people thinks it is getting irrelevant lately. I have personally experienced a pr increase from 0 to 4 in the last update, but I have also had a bad serp punishment.

I was in the first 100 results for my main kewords and now I am not there anymore, but I am pr4. Can't really figure our why.
[url=http://www.mmogoldadvisor.com/buyguildwarsgold.html]Buy Guild Wars Gold[/url]

hcl_23
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:56 am
Contact:

Post by hcl_23 »

I think PR is important but it does not carry a lot of weight in ranking.
[url=http://earnextrarupees.com]Earn Money Online[/url]

rayter
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by rayter »

PR is relevant only for those who are exchanging links with other sites. Pagerank is usually the basis of webmasters when trading links.

warut
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 7:06 pm
Contact:

Post by warut »

I think PR was combined with other facter to determine web rank on google search just like information and content on your website and number of result when search with keyword.
[url=http://www.taradasungha.com]property listing in thailand[/url]

seo.doc
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:30 pm
Contact:

Post by seo.doc »

hcl_23 wrote:I think PR is important but it does not carry a lot of weight in ranking.
Perhaps Pr can be use in ranking sites given for example about two sites which carry out the same relevancy on search results . Now Google may use page rank as a factor in order to distinguished which site would get the higher ranking. G may look on their PR then the one with higher PR will be rank higher than the other one.
[url=http://www.iweb-marketing.com]Seo Services[/url] Free Consultation

skywind
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 10:50 pm
Contact:

Post by skywind »

Mine is drop :( :(
[url]http://health-vip.cn[/url]
{From Admin: only post 1 URL per our terms and policies, or you will be banned}

YooHee
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:53 am
Contact:

Post by YooHee »

bermuda wrote:It is important knowing of this matter that nowadays, PR is not having a determining impact and effect on the rankings of the websites and sometimes low PR sites can be seen at the top.
yes, i think having a high PR means that you have high ranking in SE's, and low PR, low ranking in SE's..... but i think there are sites that have high PR and high ranking in SE's, specially this old websites :D
All you need to know about you Social Security Card

Digital Extreme Media
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:51 am
Location: In SEO Heaven
Contact:

Post by Digital Extreme Media »

The PageRank bar is nothing more than a tool to measure the weight of your website and pages within your website. If we could not use the little green bar the resulting information would still be out there. We just get a chance to see calculations put into a visual display.
[url=http://www.digitalextrememediagroup.com]Web Design for small business[/url]

me.julia72
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:35 pm
Contact:

Post by me.julia72 »

yeah you are right media

subhashj
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:12 am
Contact:

seo

Post by subhashj »

Hi I am agree with

workinghealth
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:20 pm
Contact:

Post by workinghealth »

Page Rank is more or less a bragging right tool.

articlemaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 2:32 am
Contact:

Post by articlemaster »

blacklink coming from relevant site is important.However PR has nothing to do with traffic of a website. PR completely depends upon the quality backlink you are building.
For traffic is how you promote your site and draw the attention of the visitors.Content is the king and its ruling everytime and its the main key to get visitors.. if you have quality and quantity content in your website then you dont have to worry about traffic.
[url=http://www.readyourarticles.com]Free Article submission[/url]

ChiefLee
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:09 am
Location: Lawrence KS
Contact:

Post by ChiefLee »

It's both relevant and irrelevant.

High PR for your site guarantees nothing. For your site, you need to focus on building your SERPs with content, onsite optimization, good keyword research, and an inbound link campaign. If you do these things, you're likely to improve your PR in the process.

I mostly use PR as part of the equation when I evaluate the value of inbound links. I create a "value" by taking a page's PR and dividing by the number of outbound links. Though this may not correlate to anything in particular with google, it allows me to assign a "value" to that link.

DavidDock
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:35 pm
Contact:

Post by DavidDock »

hello

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 642 guests