Google update in the end of October 2009! lost backlinks!

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
danviettravel
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: Hanoi
Contact:

Google update in the end of October 2009! lost backlinks!

Post by danviettravel »

Hi,
I have just found out that Google updated the page rank in the end of October 2009! Did you pay attention to this event?
This update time, my website could not get a a better page rank (stilt 3/10 on the homepage), but it was bad for my site when the sub-page lost the page rank 2/10.
Just after one day of the update, I could see I lost a lot of backlinks. On 30 Oct, I checked and my site had 53 backlinks. But on 31 Oct it had only 19 backlinks!
Can you tell me what is the main problem here?
I think my link partners deleted my link on their sites when they found out my sub-page for the link exchange lost the page rank!
Do you know how I can check my link on their sites to see if it is live or has been removed?
[url=http://www.danviettravel.com/]Vietnam Tours[/url]

Salamanda
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:52 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Salamanda »

check your backlinks in yahoo rather than google as they show a much more real account of your backlinks. This way you can see whether others are still linking to you too.

I wouldn't worry too much about lost pagerank anyway, just keep getting those links and you'll get it back in no time.
[Excessive URLs removed for spam. Post only 1 URL per post. Read our forum Terms & Policies. -ADMIN]

acwebguru
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:16 am
Contact:

Post by acwebguru »

Yes, some of my websites have got high pr and some of them have lost. It is an overall good result. It seems that Google has brought some changes in its algo and this is the reason why some of us have noticed that the number of links has reduced.
[Excessive URLs removed for spam. Post only 1 URL per post. Read our forum Terms & Policies. -ADMIN]

shakir
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:41 am
Contact:

Post by shakir »

In this updation found many sites degraded, degrease PR, BL and even my many sites degraded....May be Google doing some filtration on it
[url=http://www.hostingthebest.com/review.asp?id=2]hostgator review[/url]

rayter
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by rayter »

If your ranking is doing fine, there's nothing to worry about even if your backlinks have decreased.

Btw, you can use backlinkwatch to check all your backlinks!

luxury_homes
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:03 am
Contact:

Post by luxury_homes »

go on yahoo and check you backlinks there... u will have a better picture as yahoo is realtime
[url=http://www.luxuryhomes.net]Luxury Homes Blog - Real Estate News[/url]

MasEDI
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:06 am
Contact:

Post by MasEDI »

i didnt know too, sam issue with there, it's issued that Google have fault with the PR update, once of my friends blog that not updated again gained PR 4, but the one with updated frequently only get PR 2 :D. many blogger also confused on it, the last rumour before this Nov update is PR will be unused from Google :lol:
What's the next rumour? :D
<a href="http://masedi.net">BackLink Magic Trick</a>

KrazyG
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:25 pm
Contact:

Post by KrazyG »

My blog that has not been optimized and link build gained a PR1 but lost backlinks while the other site that I am working on didn't get any PR but gained a few backlinks. I also lost a few backlinks on some of my handled sites. And it is a bit weird. :(
[url=http://www.qualitymatters.com/Barbeque-and-Grill-s/90.htm]Weber BBQ Grills[/url]

jeff collision
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:31 am
Contact:

Post by jeff collision »

There is no change in PR for my website after update..

I strongly recommended you to use yahoo site explored to check your website's backlink.. Google won't give the exact number of backlinks - but u can trust Yahoo in this rather than Google..

solar_power
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Google update in the end of October 2009! lost backlinks

Post by solar_power »

danviettravel wrote:Hi,
I have just found out that Google updated the page rank in the end of October 2009! Did you pay attention to this event?
This update time, my website could not get a a better page rank (stilt 3/10 on the homepage), but it was bad for my site when the sub-page lost the page rank 2/10.
Just after one day of the update, I could see I lost a lot of backlinks. On 30 Oct, I checked and my site had 53 backlinks. But on 31 Oct it had only 19 backlinks!
Can you tell me what is the main problem here?
I think my link partners deleted my link on their sites when they found out my sub-page for the link exchange lost the page rank!
Do you know how I can check my link on their sites to see if it is live or has been removed?
Check your backlinks again, maybe it's just a part fo backlinks update.

cecille20
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: ph
Contact:

Post by cecille20 »

Yeah I also notice this. Google already index my quality link. I was wondering guys if were was your quality links come from? :roll:

foryourlawyer
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:07 pm
Contact:

Post by foryourlawyer »

Ya, I got PR for my personal blogs.
[Excessive URL's removed for spam. 1 URL per post allowed. - Admin]

latetiya
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:19 am
Contact:

Post by latetiya »

I also got PR for my site which have only backlinks no content.
hi

mikejoel
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:32 pm
Contact:

Post by mikejoel »

yeah i noticed that my pr's to my sites are back
[url]http://winches-direct.com/[/url]

hamidhamid1985
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:23 am
Contact:

Post by hamidhamid1985 »

My pagerank has been increased one step. :)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 134 guests