Google PR Updated on 29th September
-
overdriveelectronics
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:39 am
- Contact:
I dont think everyone has been updated yet. If so, then oh well. I have a PR of 4 and expected to move to a 5. If not, it will happen later. Since PR is not based on how hard you worked, but what google thinks is quality, then we can be out of luck sometimes. Just have to keep on working!
[url=http://www.overdriveelectronics.com]Electronics[/url]
-
Silversurfer
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:52 am
- Contact:
-
overdriveelectronics
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:39 am
- Contact:
-
Silversurfer
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:52 am
- Contact:
-
hugged2death
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:43 pm
- Contact:
I too am amazed at how i got to PR5. I am certainly no expert at this, but all I really did was make sure my site was optimized and to make sure i got good backlinks. Thats simply it. I didnt exchange links with anyone else. But a good thing i used was using blogs. If you dont know yet, there are people who write and read blogs that get updated everyday. And blogs can be found on virtually any subject. And, usually blogs offer a place for a link in their margins, and accept contributions. Just find related blogs (I found design blogs, modern furniture blogs, etc) and submit a small article, good pictures, and make sure they give you one or two links in the article. By doing this, not only are you creating quality one way backlinks, but you are advertising your website to the targetted customer for free! And so i spent a lot of time trying to find these modern blogs, and i guess it paid off! I didnt do any directories either. I also looked at my competitors backlinks. Find out where they come from, and get your links where they have theirs. Forums help a little bit i think, but I dont think it makes a difference when it comes to PR. But yeah, my site is fairly new, online since June 2006.
But now that I've got a good PR of 5, how do i get my ranking to go up in Google?
But now that I've got a good PR of 5, how do i get my ranking to go up in Google?
[b][url=http://www.ninaspillowdesigns.com/]Nina's Pillow Designs - Decorative Pillows[/url][/b]
-
hugged2death
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:43 pm
- Contact:
-
Silversurfer
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:52 am
- Contact:
Hugged2Death,
after the update is complete you should experience an increased traffic since your site will rank now automatically higher in google. A change from 0-5 is so huge that you must see a big difference very soon. Otherwise we would invest all our time for nothing. Please give us updates on how your traffic is increasing from now on because of your high PR. This could be very interesting for many of us.
Congrats again
after the update is complete you should experience an increased traffic since your site will rank now automatically higher in google. A change from 0-5 is so huge that you must see a big difference very soon. Otherwise we would invest all our time for nothing. Please give us updates on how your traffic is increasing from now on because of your high PR. This could be very interesting for many of us.
Congrats again
-
UkCarAds.co.uk
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:13 am
- Location: UK
- Contact:
Mines up too.
Is it just me or is everyones pagerank seem to be jumping up? or is it simply the fact were all really busy link building?????????????
My site www.ukcarads.co.uk has just incresed from pr3 last week to pr4 this week.
Yes im pleased can't help wondering whats happened to all my competitors car websites.
My site www.ukcarads.co.uk has just incresed from pr3 last week to pr4 this week.
Yes im pleased can't help wondering whats happened to all my competitors car websites.
UKCarAds.co.uk FREE car classifieds website.
-
hugged2death
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:43 pm
- Contact:
Well so far, traffic seems to be the same. According to Google Analytics, only 8 percent of my traffic comes from google. So, nothing new to report so far. I am really hoping to see a difference soon. Decorative pillows is such a competitive keyword!
My website is still nowhere to be found in the first 500 results for decorative pillows... 
Question: Should i put "decorative pillow" or "decorative pillows" in my meta tags? Does it really make a difference? I am starting to think that my meta tags aren't very good...
Question: Should i put "decorative pillow" or "decorative pillows" in my meta tags? Does it really make a difference? I am starting to think that my meta tags aren't very good...
[b][url=http://www.ninaspillowdesigns.com/]Nina's Pillow Designs - Decorative Pillows[/url][/b]
-
Silversurfer
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:52 am
- Contact:
I think you have to be a bit more patient. Your page Rank might still be counted as 0 in the Google Ranking System. It might take a bit before you really "go live" with your new page Rank. I checked it just now again and there it was 0. It seems to jump up and down until all databases are synchronized or something.
-
overdriveelectronics
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:39 am
- Contact:
I hope you guys understand that your PR does not increase your traffic because it has no effect on your rankings. You do not move up in google because you have a PR of 5. A lot of sites have a PR of 5, but are still on page 70. You can have a 3 and be number 1 because of your content and number of links. You guys worry too much about PR!
[url=http://www.overdriveelectronics.com]Electronics[/url]
-
viradian
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
-
viradian
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
What I'm worried about is that something is wrong with my site, or my homepage that is preventing Google from updating my interior pages and seeing all of the on page factors that I have optimized.
Vista, do you use a service for exchanging links, or do you email other webmasters personally for each exchange?
Vista, do you use a service for exchanging links, or do you email other webmasters personally for each exchange?
http://www.my-pillow-place.com
-
overdriveelectronics
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:39 am
- Contact:
I used to use a service, but then I added a page to my site that allows people to add their links to my links pages. it gets my site off those exchange programs because google doesnt like those, but still allows me to link to other websites. This also gives you the most control over who you link to!
[url=http://www.overdriveelectronics.com]Electronics[/url]
-
viradian
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
what do you use to allow others to link to your site? I really hate those automated link exchange sites. You see your link listed on a site of a thousand links and there is no rhyme or reason. I personally add each link I exchange into a category. My links pages are all indexed in all search engines, so others are getting the benefit...
I might want to reconsider who I link to....I have been more discriminant lately.
I might want to reconsider who I link to....I have been more discriminant lately.
http://www.my-pillow-place.com
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 196 guests