Changing Keywords

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
WazaWeb
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:07 am
Contact:

Changing Keywords

Post by WazaWeb »

I bought ug2.com about 6 months ago and I have since developed it into an arcade games site because i have had a little bit of success with previous arcade sites.

Only trouble is Im really struggling with this one. Maybe due to the keywords I am chasing??
Games
Free Games
Car Games
Shooting Games


Yeah I know thats just being greedy goin for the big ones but i thought i would give it a shot.
Now I would like to know your thoughts on changing keywords and trying to rank for long tailed keywords.

Do you think it will damage my site?
Normally by now I have around 2k - 5k visitors per day but this ones struggling to hit 1k ?? :roll:
[url=http://www.ug2.com/]Free Online Car Games[/url]

Dave011
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:53 pm
Contact:

Post by Dave011 »

you can target those keywords using long tail or random keywords...

ei: Free Car and Shooting Games

there you target all your keywords.

Wishbone
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:19 pm
Contact:

Post by Wishbone »

With those keywords, I think the key there is the age of you site If you are going to compete with your new site, that's going to be a long run before you make it on desirable positions. Better think of new variations of those keywords and create very interesting topics about games to gain loyal visitors and hopefully recommend your site to their friends too.
Garmin Astro GPS Dog Tracking Systems - check out for tips and features to maximize its use .

dylan55
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:05 am
Contact:

Post by dylan55 »

Try it in single word keyword then if unsuccessful, you can combine those keywords.

alex247
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:25 pm
Contact:

Post by alex247 »

Always start with long keywords to reduce the competition. When your site gain enough site rank and reputation you can start using short keywords.
[url=http://www.247nywebdesign.com]Brooklyn Web Development[/url]

WazaWeb
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:07 am
Contact:

Post by WazaWeb »

Thanks heaps for the advice.
I have decided to target different keywords and changed my title tag.

Im going to try capital letters in my title for an experiment.
Prob not a great idea but i noticed a few sites that rank well doing it?
[url=http://www.ug2.com/]Free Online Car Games[/url]

doomcashdown
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:02 am
Contact:

Post by doomcashdown »

WazaWeb wrote:Thanks heaps for the advice.
I have decided to target different keywords and changed my title tag.

Im going to try capital letters in my title for an experiment.
Prob not a great idea but i noticed a few sites that rank well doing it?
Yeah, not bad. And I've noticed that your signature also agrees to what you initially suggested yourself, which is to use some long-tailed keywords with quite a high search volume.
[b][url=http://www.google.com/profiles/doomcashdown]Gary Blaze - Google Profile[/url][/b]

probafix
Posts: 866
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:57 am
Contact:

Post by probafix »

Any new way for searching keywords...
Profit is just a click away - packages available now >>> visit Profit.biz

dee_el07
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:21 am
Contact:

Post by dee_el07 »

Of course it will affect some bad changes. But having a long descriptive keyword is also effective especially if it's related to your targeted keyword.

zunita78
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:20 am
Location: Novi, United States
Contact:

Post by zunita78 »

It's better to get little traffics than nothing.
[url=http://www.freepolyphonicringtones.org/]Free Polyphonic Ringtones[/url]

hamidhamid1985
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:23 am
Contact:

Post by hamidhamid1985 »

I think combined keywords are better for you as its a new domain

wuzhong
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:38 pm
Contact:

Post by wuzhong »

I think you need to use different title, description and keywords for different pages.For example "Chain of Fire|Free Games|...." for the title of Chain of Fire.

khai
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:27 am
Contact:

Post by khai »

try using meta keywords :D :D :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 661 guests