Different ranking on Google on the same Google search
-
danviettravel
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:19 pm
- Location: Hanoi
- Contact:
Different ranking on Google on the same Google search
Hi,
I have this question and I hope you guys can give me the answer.
I am in Vietnam and using Google.com to search key word "vietnam tours". The results came up and my site is number 5 ranking in the top 10 of the results.
But when I asked my friend in an another country to use the same Google.com to search that keyword then my site is number 14 ranking!
What is the reason? Can you explain this?
Thank you!
I have this question and I hope you guys can give me the answer.
I am in Vietnam and using Google.com to search key word "vietnam tours". The results came up and my site is number 5 ranking in the top 10 of the results.
But when I asked my friend in an another country to use the same Google.com to search that keyword then my site is number 14 ranking!
What is the reason? Can you explain this?
Thank you!
[url=http://www.danviettravel.com/]Vietnam Tours[/url]
-
jayseo
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:57 am
- Contact:
-
Dave011
- Posts: 316
- Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:53 pm
- Contact:
-
triplezseoservices
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:57 pm
- Contact:
-
danviettravel
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:19 pm
- Location: Hanoi
- Contact:
Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
For an example: I searched a keyword "vietnam tours" here in Vietnam, my site came up number 4 ranking on the Google.com. But when my friend in USA searched the same keyword with the same Google.com then my site was number 14 ranking!
What should I do to improve my ranking for Google.com in USA?
Looking forward to hearing from you again!
Thanks for your comments.
For an example: I searched a keyword "vietnam tours" here in Vietnam, my site came up number 4 ranking on the Google.com. But when my friend in USA searched the same keyword with the same Google.com then my site was number 14 ranking!
What should I do to improve my ranking for Google.com in USA?
Looking forward to hearing from you again!
[url=http://www.danviettravel.com/]Vietnam Tours[/url]
-
Wishbone
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:19 pm
- Contact:
Google has so many data centers and it more likely you two got results from different DC, they are usually not synchronized with their content so you got different result. When you are logged in in your google account is another reason...
Garmin Astro GPS Dog Tracking Systems - check out for tips and features to maximize its use .
-
doomcashdown
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:02 am
- Contact:
Hello.danviettravel wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
For an example: I searched a keyword "vietnam tours" here in Vietnam, my site came up number 4 ranking on the Google.com. But when my friend in USA searched the same keyword with the same Google.com then my site was number 14 ranking!
What should I do to improve my ranking for Google.com in USA?
Looking forward to hearing from you again!
Here are my opinions (note: just opinions). The difference in rankings is probably because you had your personalized search enabled. You have to turn it off, or just log out of your Google account and then do the search. If it is still the same, then it is maybe because Google automatically detects some country specific words and makes them rank higher in the countries where the search has been executed. Also, it is possible that the domain Google.com detects IP addresses and tell what countries these IP addresses are located in. Thus, results may be close to what are the actual results in country domains.
If you want to rank higher for USA, then you have to build backlinks from sites that are hosted in the US.
[b][url=http://www.google.com/profiles/doomcashdown]Gary Blaze - Google Profile[/url][/b]
-
mrandrei
- Posts: 371
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:16 pm
- Location: United States
- Contact:
-
SEOGuruNYC
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:22 pm
- Contact:
Google results are based on your location. Each country or region provides different set of results and this is to help the person searching.
Algo is designed to help the searcher to get most relevant results. Location is based on your IP address and cookies so I am not sure if removing cookies will help but Google Webmaster Tools actually has a section where you can see where your site comes up in the search results in various regions of the world.
if you are looking for US results then you need to make sure that you have a .com site and optimize accordingly.
Algo is designed to help the searcher to get most relevant results. Location is based on your IP address and cookies so I am not sure if removing cookies will help but Google Webmaster Tools actually has a section where you can see where your site comes up in the search results in various regions of the world.
if you are looking for US results then you need to make sure that you have a .com site and optimize accordingly.
[url=http://www.verragio.com/Engagement-Rings]Engagement Rings[/url] by leading engagement ring designer Verragio
-
niraj11122
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:14 pm
- Location: india
- Contact:
There are similar problems which i face early year that indian google.com use the difference in usa for the same keyword, If you want to check the result which is country based than you should to have to use as a proxiside onlineanonmizar, google adword preview tool, the-clock.com etc.....
[url=http://www.downloads.ws/]Free Download[/url]
-
chauhan
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:44 am
- Location: India
- Contact:
First of all set your geographical location to USA in "Webmaster Tool" after that try to get quality backlinks from websites that are hosted in USA.danviettravel wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
For an example: I searched a keyword "vietnam tours" here in Vietnam, my site came up number 4 ranking on the Google.com. But when my friend in USA searched the same keyword with the same Google.com then my site was number 14 ranking!
What should I do to improve my ranking for Google.com in USA?
Looking forward to hearing from you again!
-
wuzhong
- Posts: 135
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:38 pm
- Contact:
-
my_misyel
- Posts: 581
- Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Different ranking on Google on the same Google search
Hi. Ofcourse, your search query depends on your IP, data center and location.danviettravel wrote:Hi,
I have this question and I hope you guys can give me the answer.
I am in Vietnam and using Google.com to search key word "vietnam tours". The results came up and my site is number 5 ranking in the top 10 of the results.
But when I asked my friend in an another country to use the same Google.com to search that keyword then my site is number 14 ranking!
What is the reason? Can you explain this?
Thank you!
-
IntegratedS
- Posts: 214
- Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 pm
- Location: India
- Contact:
-
mdamin76
- Posts: 817
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 pm
- Location: On Stage
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 92 guests