I can't get google ranked at all
-
Paul64
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
- Contact:
I can't get google ranked at all
This is driving me bonkers. It has been weeks now, and not a single pick up by google. Why is this? I have the meta tags, keywords, links etc, but absolutely nothing noticed by google. Some of the other engines are noticing me though.
Regards,
Paul
Regards,
Paul
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]
-
BizEngine
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:58 pm
- Location: Singapore
- Contact:
It is not unusual to see pages being indexed by Google after a period of time.
I am just pondering whether high traffic volume to your site will experdite the indexing process. Also, I believe quality inbound links will also improve the time to indexing.
Regards,
Say Kin Lee
I am just pondering whether high traffic volume to your site will experdite the indexing process. Also, I believe quality inbound links will also improve the time to indexing.
Regards,
Say Kin Lee
BizEngine
Building Value-Assets on the Web
Website: www.bizengine.com.sg
Building Value-Assets on the Web
Website: www.bizengine.com.sg
-
Paul64
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
- Contact:
Thanks, I have heard about this, but how do you get such high traffic volume if you are not picked up by google in the first place?BizEngine wrote:It is not unusual to see pages being indexed by Google for a period of time.
I am just pondering whether high traffic volume to your site will experdite the indexing process.
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]
-
BizEngine
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:58 pm
- Location: Singapore
- Contact:
I've been thinking about this for quite some time.
I've tried the following trying to increase my link popularity and to draw traffic - it's still a nightmare.
1. Get incoming links from existing clients or friends.
2. Participate in online forums with company's signature (with url).
3. Sent articles to ezinearticles.com (with url).
4. Created an account with newsvine.com (with url).
5. Submit to DMOZ and other directories.
6. Subscribe to some affilates products
7. Subscribe to Google Analytics, Adsense, Base and Google Web Master Tools to submit my sitemap.
8. I've also participated in some local free classifieds.
9. Blogging
I find it very challenging to increase my link popularity. Maybe create one ebook product and sell it thru affilate marketing will help - I think.
I've tried the following trying to increase my link popularity and to draw traffic - it's still a nightmare.
1. Get incoming links from existing clients or friends.
2. Participate in online forums with company's signature (with url).
3. Sent articles to ezinearticles.com (with url).
4. Created an account with newsvine.com (with url).
5. Submit to DMOZ and other directories.
6. Subscribe to some affilates products
7. Subscribe to Google Analytics, Adsense, Base and Google Web Master Tools to submit my sitemap.
8. I've also participated in some local free classifieds.
9. Blogging
I find it very challenging to increase my link popularity. Maybe create one ebook product and sell it thru affilate marketing will help - I think.
Paul64 wrote:Thanks, I have heard about this, but how do you get such high traffic volume if you are not picked up by google in the first place?BizEngine wrote:It is not unusual to see pages being indexed by Google for a period of time.
I am just pondering whether high traffic volume to your site will experdite the indexing process.
BizEngine
Building Value-Assets on the Web
Website: www.bizengine.com.sg
Building Value-Assets on the Web
Website: www.bizengine.com.sg
-
Paul64
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
- Contact:
Thanks Say Kin Lee,
I have tried a lot of that. However, the site map has been difficult. I can generate a site map, but I don't understand the language as to where to put it on my site. I use netobjects fusion. I have been told to put my map in the public html file on my site. That means absolutely nothing to me. Can you help?
Regards,
Paul.
I have tried a lot of that. However, the site map has been difficult. I can generate a site map, but I don't understand the language as to where to put it on my site. I use netobjects fusion. I have been told to put my map in the public html file on my site. That means absolutely nothing to me. Can you help?
Regards,
Paul.
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]
-
BizEngine
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:58 pm
- Location: Singapore
- Contact:
What I did was to create a text file, sitemap.txt, in UTF-8 encoding with the following format:
http://www.bizengine.com.sg/index.php
http://www.bizengine.com.sg/abtus.php
...
...
...
Put this file in your main directory (usually public_html).
Goto Google Web Master Tools to add your site.
Once added, there will be a link "Add a Sitemap"
key in the full url of your sitemap eg http://www.bizengine.com.sg/sitemap.txt
The Google Tool will perform some verification, and you are done.
Hope this helps.
http://www.bizengine.com.sg/index.php
http://www.bizengine.com.sg/abtus.php
...
...
...
Put this file in your main directory (usually public_html).
Goto Google Web Master Tools to add your site.
Once added, there will be a link "Add a Sitemap"
key in the full url of your sitemap eg http://www.bizengine.com.sg/sitemap.txt
The Google Tool will perform some verification, and you are done.
Hope this helps.
Paul64 wrote:Thanks Say Kin Lee,
I have tried a lot of that. However, the site map has been difficult. I can generate a site map, but I don't understand the language as to where to put it on my site. I use netobjects fusion. I have been told to put my map in the public html file on my site. That means absolutely nothing to me. Can you help?
Regards,
Paul.
BizEngine
Building Value-Assets on the Web
Website: www.bizengine.com.sg
Building Value-Assets on the Web
Website: www.bizengine.com.sg
-
Paul64
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
- Contact:
-
BizEngine
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:58 pm
- Location: Singapore
- Contact:
It's the main folder where the index.html or index.htm is stored.
Paul64 wrote:Thanks, but as I said I don't know where to put it. I don't undersatnd what a public html is. I have folders to my web site, but there is nothing there saying public html. Sorry if I am being thick.
Paul
BizEngine
Building Value-Assets on the Web
Website: www.bizengine.com.sg
Building Value-Assets on the Web
Website: www.bizengine.com.sg
-
BizEngine
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:58 pm
- Location: Singapore
- Contact:
-
picasso
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:00 pm
- Contact:
I hate to say this but, i believe you heard about the sandbox already. For some stupid reason google has invented this. It takes a long time for google to list you. BUt one thing is learned for sure Do not submit your site to google. Let them find you. Just remember that. Good luck to you with your web site.
[Admin removed 3 URL's. PLease note you are allowed only 1 URL in your sig, or you will be removed.
[Admin removed 3 URL's. PLease note you are allowed only 1 URL in your sig, or you will be removed.
-
Paul64
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
- Contact:
-
peterko
- Posts: 434
- Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
- Contact:
Google indexing
Hi Paul,
I saw your site, and no wonder there are some Google indexing problems. Please open your view source and see what kind of mess is there in terms of meta tags:
1. The first tag in the <HEAD> should be <TITLE>,
Then, it's very important important, GET RID OF THE SECOND TITLE !!!
When Google see duplication of the tags it consider that as SPAM, like you are trying to use something that might trick search engine.
After TITLE should go Description and then Keywords.
I would also use meta tag ROBOTS
2. You use two <META NAME="Keywords" ...
Please GET RID of useless duplication, it only makes your site punished by Google.
3. <LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="./style.css"> is also duplicated, but why do you need it?
4. You use two META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" with two different Content-Types:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"> and
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
Why do you need to use "charset=windows-1252" ?
Please clean your source code !
Now the most important part:
Your site almost doesn't have text, you have mostly images.
Google is very picky. It looks at your website content and compare it with your tags (title, description, keywords ...). If it find no content at all, or very little content, but mostly images, then it doen't pay attention to your site. Or if you have some text on your site, but it's not relevant to your tags, then it consider your site has poor relevancy and doesn't pay atantion again.
Please work on your site source code and hope you will see the difference.
Have a great day,
Peter
I saw your site, and no wonder there are some Google indexing problems. Please open your view source and see what kind of mess is there in terms of meta tags:
1. The first tag in the <HEAD> should be <TITLE>,
Then, it's very important important, GET RID OF THE SECOND TITLE !!!
When Google see duplication of the tags it consider that as SPAM, like you are trying to use something that might trick search engine.
After TITLE should go Description and then Keywords.
I would also use meta tag ROBOTS
2. You use two <META NAME="Keywords" ...
Please GET RID of useless duplication, it only makes your site punished by Google.
3. <LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="./style.css"> is also duplicated, but why do you need it?
4. You use two META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" with two different Content-Types:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"> and
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
Why do you need to use "charset=windows-1252" ?
Please clean your source code !
Now the most important part:
Your site almost doesn't have text, you have mostly images.
Google is very picky. It looks at your website content and compare it with your tags (title, description, keywords ...). If it find no content at all, or very little content, but mostly images, then it doen't pay attention to your site. Or if you have some text on your site, but it's not relevant to your tags, then it consider your site has poor relevancy and doesn't pay atantion again.
Please work on your site source code and hope you will see the difference.
Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women
Supreme Clothing for men and women
-
Paul64
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
- Contact:
Re: Duplication
Thanks Peter,peterko wrote:Sorry, my previouse posting was submitted twice. It's another duplication - ha?
I have tried to perform some of the actions you have pointed out. However, on my Source HTML page a lot of the data is protected so I can't change it.
Whatever, you are doing with viewing my site, can you have another look to see if there is any improvement?
How do I improve content. I am a bit limited with options on my home page?
Paul
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]
-
Paul64
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 am
- Contact:
I did a search for my site this morning and found this on yahoo. Can anyone tell me why href=""target="_blank"... keeps coming up in the middle of the text?
Thanks, Paul
Tours in Transylvania by Land Rover
adventure tours in Transylvania by Land Rover. ... href="" target="_blank" ... in the heart of Eastern Europe meet fascinating people...discover Transylvania ...www.transylvania4x4tours.com - 10k - Cached - More from this site
Thanks, Paul
Tours in Transylvania by Land Rover
adventure tours in Transylvania by Land Rover. ... href="" target="_blank" ... in the heart of Eastern Europe meet fascinating people...discover Transylvania ...www.transylvania4x4tours.com - 10k - Cached - More from this site
[url=http://www.transylvania4x4tours.com]Transylvania 4x4 Tours[/url]
-
peterko
- Posts: 434
- Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
- Contact:
Duplication
Hi Paul,
I see some improvements, at least I can't see title and keyword tags duplications. That will definitelly help you. But you still have <LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="./style.css"> duplication. It might not be such important as the other tags, but you would rather clean them too.
And the most important part, I don't see you added some relevant text on your website that could be considerd by Google as relevant to your title, description and keywords. This is the first thing Google look when make decision whether to give your site the green light or not. I would also extend the number of words in your description and may be even a title, to give Google little more options to display your site.
Hope it will help.
Have a great day,
Peter
I see some improvements, at least I can't see title and keyword tags duplications. That will definitelly help you. But you still have <LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="./style.css"> duplication. It might not be such important as the other tags, but you would rather clean them too.
And the most important part, I don't see you added some relevant text on your website that could be considerd by Google as relevant to your title, description and keywords. This is the first thing Google look when make decision whether to give your site the green light or not. I would also extend the number of words in your description and may be even a title, to give Google little more options to display your site.
Hope it will help.
Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women
Supreme Clothing for men and women
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 172 guests