Google images lighter and easier navigation

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
cookies186
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:58 pm
Contact:

Google images lighter and easier navigation

Post by cookies186 »

Google introduced a redesigned version of its search engine Google images takes on a lighter and easier navigation.
An article on the official Google Blog showcases a real revolution in the image search engine of Google, at least in its American version.
Now the pictures come in the form of a vast mosaic, without information of the dimensions, the picture name and the site from which it originates. This information still exist, but to see it will pass the mouse cursor over an image. Fortunately, there is an option “show sizes” allows for print-on sizes above each image.
By cons nothing is expected to display the sources of images. But it is important information because the name of the site where the image can be an indicator of relevance and quality. This system will probably reduce the profile and visibility of websites, as the name brand or company will be virtually invisible.

Another big change, now all the images are grouped on one page, with a scroll system. The pictures load gradually as one moves down the page, is avoiding too long loading times.

For a surfer, it’s a pleasure to browse the images without having to change the page in the browser. Simply pressing the Page Up and Page Down can change the selection.Google has not forgotten the sponsored links which is a new format called Image Search Ads will soon allow advertisers to insert advertisements of their products with a photograph, and appear in Google Images.

animalsmile
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:21 am
Contact:

Re: Google images lighter and easier navigation

Post by animalsmile »

I think this is a great updates and feature, showing pics faster and lighter than before...
Dog Beds on Sale full selection of pet beds at reasonable prices, free shipping & special discounts.

lukestarks
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:26 am
Contact:

Re: Google images lighter and easier navigation

Post by lukestarks »

Well I don't want to be one of those that opposes it. I just think it's annoying that it refreshes it's SERPs everytime you change your keyword. It's not because I don't want to sound so cliche but as for my experience, it's nice but annoying.

imranahmed
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:11 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Google images lighter and easier navigation

Post by imranahmed »

this feature looks brilliant.

cecille20
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: ph
Contact:

Re: Google images lighter and easier navigation

Post by cecille20 »

Yeah I already saw this! And I'm more comfortable with the old version! :wink:

TowerSteel
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:00 am
Contact:

Re: Google images lighter and easier navigation

Post by TowerSteel »

I like the old version.

mdamin76
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 pm
Location: On Stage
Contact:

Re: Google images lighter and easier navigation

Post by mdamin76 »

Very good sharing.

jerseysstore
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: Google images lighter and easier navigation

Post by jerseysstore »

Well I don't want to be one of those that opposes it. I just think it's annoying that it refreshes it's SERPs everytime you change your keyword. It's not because I don't want to sound so cliche but as for my experience, it's nice but annoying.

-----------------------------------
Premier Jersey

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 601 guests