Facebook VS Google?
-
Jodesa
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:43 pm
- Contact:
Facebook VS Google?
I don't know whether the competition is really possible but it have been fun. Anyhow, here are some point to consider; Facebook, is very, very personal. It is for friends, family and no business. While Google, I use for business. I use it to search, share, find and take action.
I also think it is important to be clear on something. Google was not in any way founded on being a social network. Google’s core competency is a search, they are in our lives in so many different ways and I am not so sure that is going to change.
Facebook on the other hand, I would expect to be the Social Masters, because from day one, that is who they have always been, it is their core competency. If Facebook was not ahead of the game in social, right now, then I would seriously wonder why.
Google still has more money, no debt, and more credit than any company could possibly want or imagine. FB is not so lucky on that front, although they are heading in the right direction, since they hit that infamous 500 Million Mark. But how many users does Google have??
Google owns Android, YouTube and many other small and not so small companies. Google has acquired more than 88 companies in the last 10 years. They are NOT going anywhere. I honestly do not see FB replacing Google as a search engine. Not in mainstream America anyway.
My final say, I just love competition
ventrillo
I also think it is important to be clear on something. Google was not in any way founded on being a social network. Google’s core competency is a search, they are in our lives in so many different ways and I am not so sure that is going to change.
Facebook on the other hand, I would expect to be the Social Masters, because from day one, that is who they have always been, it is their core competency. If Facebook was not ahead of the game in social, right now, then I would seriously wonder why.
Google still has more money, no debt, and more credit than any company could possibly want or imagine. FB is not so lucky on that front, although they are heading in the right direction, since they hit that infamous 500 Million Mark. But how many users does Google have??
Google owns Android, YouTube and many other small and not so small companies. Google has acquired more than 88 companies in the last 10 years. They are NOT going anywhere. I honestly do not see FB replacing Google as a search engine. Not in mainstream America anyway.
My final say, I just love competition
ventrillo
-
VladTepes
- Posts: 1463
- Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
- Contact:
Re: Facebook VS Google?
I don't think Google and Facebook will be in direct competition this coming year or two, they serve different kind of people and different services. Even FB launches their own search engine, people would still prefer Google. The same on if Google try another social site, FB is already established.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.
-
telltimmy
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Facebook VS Google?
They both have different purposes and target users. Google is for search purpose while Facebook is a social network service and website.
-
mariasabio123
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:46 am
- Contact:
Re: Facebook VS Google?
Facebook is a social site and Google is a search engine, they don't have any VS term for each other.
-
yinji
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:48 pm
- Contact:
-
Jonjacob
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:19 pm
- Contact:
Re: Facebook VS Google?
Facebook is not much that useful like Google, what is special in facebook just a network site and now we can promote our business through. Google is far away from that
-
cfoo
- Posts: 241
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:33 pm
- Location: In A Gym
- Contact:
-
autowasherads
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:29 pm
- Location: 1138 County Road 1032, Mountain Home, Arkansas, USA 72653
- Contact:
Re: Facebook VS Google?
But have you ever imagined why the question has come up right now? Why not that came 2 to 3 yrs ago? It shows there is something wrong there with Google or there is something very good there with FB. Anyway I think Google should be aware of Facebook and its rapid progress. And should not try to interfere in social bzness.
-
YooHee
- Posts: 340
- Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:53 am
- Contact:
Re: Facebook VS Google?
what's the competition here?? a search engine vs a social networking site... come on guys!!
All you need to know about you Social Security Card
-
Intesols
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:33 pm
- Contact:
Re: Facebook VS Google?
I don't know the compition is possible or not...But I think definately google is better than FB. FB is just social neyworkig site and google is search engine. You can get Temporary traffic from it. But Google gives you origanic results.
-
lina4u
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:16 pm
- Contact:
-
yakson
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm
- Contact:
Re: Facebook VS Google?
I am with you on this subject, while Facebook save young terretory ICQ and MSN come to the end users, Google has a lot to them. Personally, I think Google is on top of it.
-
mithunsingh
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:24 am
- Contact:
Re: Facebook VS Google?
Facebook Alexa rank is no.2..
I went to Facebook, grabbed his new number there and I even made the call right from the Facebook iPhone app.
I went to Facebook, grabbed his new number there and I even made the call right from the Facebook iPhone app.
-
bobkerry
- Posts: 126
- Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:23 am
- Contact:
Re: Facebook VS Google?
think facebook is a social netwroking site whereas google is the search engine. Both are perfecta nd best at their own places and gaining huge profits too. Competition is still there but the purpose of both sites is totally different
-
nchrist
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:16 am
- Contact:
Re: Facebook VS Google?
Facebook and google are two different thing. A social networking site and a search engine shouldn't be compared.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 251 guests