Sitemaps - do they matter

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
cruise24
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Sitemaps - do they matter

Post by cruise24 »

Creating a xml sitemap for your site is still quite important for SEO. Google can easily find your updates through your sitemap. Every time you update your website you also need to update your sitemap accordingly and submit it to Google webmaster tools.
Walton Street Web Design, a Chicago web design company offers expert web design service at affordable prices.

my_misyel
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Sitemaps - do they matter

Post by my_misyel »

In every websites created, sitemap is considered as the table of contents of all entire pages of your site.You can search "sitemap generator" and it will give you the top websites to use in creating sitemap.

I use sitemapdoc and its very useful in determining the errors encountered in my pages.

ZamAnthony
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 5:58 am
Contact:

Re: Sitemaps - do they matter

Post by ZamAnthony »

Well, if you want to create a xml format it would much easier for spiders to crawl into. Also, if it doesn't hurt your time creating a html format for your sitemap, I guess it would help. Specially if your site's navigation will get viewers a little bit confusing.

VladTepes
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sitemaps - do they matter

Post by VladTepes »

rosarionet wrote:Our websites average less than ten pages and are usually one level deep. I have never bothered with sitemaps but I wonder if I am missing any pages being indexed. Our menus are straight html so I know google can find them. I'm just wondering if I should take the time to make sitemaps and keep them updated.

For those of you who might think I should, what is the easiest free tool to do so?

Thanks.
I think nothing to waste if you create physical and xml sitemap for your site, they make your site more serious and adds up on it's authority.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

ujju
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:15 am
Contact:

Re: Sitemaps - do they matter

Post by ujju »

A Sitemap is a graphical representation of the architecture of a website.

There are two kinds of site maps. The first is used to assist visitors to a site to navigate the site and the second is done in XML. XML Sitemaps, usually called Sitemap with a capital “S”, are used by Goggle to gather information about the site.

Sitemap is especially important if your site has dynamic content, has pages with a lot of flash or AJAX, is new and doesn’t have many links, has a lot of archived pages that are not linked well, or not at all.



North London Van Hire

Ashleyjohn
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:11 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Sitemaps - do they matter

Post by Ashleyjohn »

Specially XML site map has more than HTML site map because Google crawls early when you submit XML site map and also easy to find all the pages or URLs.

profseoindia
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:13 am
Contact:

Re: Sitemaps - do they matter

Post by profseoindia »

I think sitemap.xml is important because if submit upload sitemap.xml in our site than Google can crawl you site easily.
Become Guest Blogger @ Org Info Com

JessicaJohn
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Sitemaps - do they matter

Post by JessicaJohn »

Site map is very important thing for site there are two kind of site maps one for user and second for search engine

html site map (for user)
xml site map (for search engine)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 466 guests