Got to blog, you have got to blog
-
Steve m
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:34 am
- Contact:
Got to blog, you have got to blog
here I am promoting my method of being loved by Google, I know you don't like it and my last post disappeared mysteriously.
I wrote that I set up a blog and was listed in Google within 24 hours.
Just thought I might let you know how it has gone on.
A bit of background first my website is www.mflshop.co.uk , I created a blog as www.mflshop.co.uk/blog , I also mapped www.mflblog.co.uk to the blog directory.
The reason I created it in the same domain as my website is so it is included in the sitemap for that site, the reason I added a domain name to the blog directory is so it looks nicer in the directory listings.
I also have the blog available through a help button on the main website and have links going between our site and the blog on most pages and from the blog to the relevant pages on our site.
Just to let you know that posts I add are often available to be found on Google the same day, my site is also found with the site address and blog directory and the domain name for the blog directory.
Many people avoid blogs and for some reason this forum see it as a taboo subject, I have had great success with them and like to share my experiences to help others.
Just use a bit of imagination and you can create new posts every day.
The reason I think it does so well, Google love blogs it is the fastest growing form of web site and they like to be ahead of the game.
They even have their own blog spot for free blogs.
When you post a blog it pings the popular blog listing directories, these are often high pr sites and will list your blog within seconds.
Google use the feeds from these sites for their own listings.
It is easy to update blogs from anywhere so adding new content is easy and as everyone knows Google like a lot of new content.
I don't think it will be long before Yahoo catch up as I am getting a few more hits from them now but blogs are for Google at the moment.
can't remember your name but the pillow person I hope this gives you a bit of help to get your listings up I know you were interested in my last post that disappeared.
I wrote that I set up a blog and was listed in Google within 24 hours.
Just thought I might let you know how it has gone on.
A bit of background first my website is www.mflshop.co.uk , I created a blog as www.mflshop.co.uk/blog , I also mapped www.mflblog.co.uk to the blog directory.
The reason I created it in the same domain as my website is so it is included in the sitemap for that site, the reason I added a domain name to the blog directory is so it looks nicer in the directory listings.
I also have the blog available through a help button on the main website and have links going between our site and the blog on most pages and from the blog to the relevant pages on our site.
Just to let you know that posts I add are often available to be found on Google the same day, my site is also found with the site address and blog directory and the domain name for the blog directory.
Many people avoid blogs and for some reason this forum see it as a taboo subject, I have had great success with them and like to share my experiences to help others.
Just use a bit of imagination and you can create new posts every day.
The reason I think it does so well, Google love blogs it is the fastest growing form of web site and they like to be ahead of the game.
They even have their own blog spot for free blogs.
When you post a blog it pings the popular blog listing directories, these are often high pr sites and will list your blog within seconds.
Google use the feeds from these sites for their own listings.
It is easy to update blogs from anywhere so adding new content is easy and as everyone knows Google like a lot of new content.
I don't think it will be long before Yahoo catch up as I am getting a few more hits from them now but blogs are for Google at the moment.
can't remember your name but the pillow person I hope this gives you a bit of help to get your listings up I know you were interested in my last post that disappeared.
Last edited by Steve m on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
rozvar
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:59 am
- Location: Los Angeles
- Contact:
Very interesting thought. Indeed everybody is mentioning submitting articles in order to increase your rankings, but I haven't seen anybody talking about blogs. Do you suggest using blogs to promote your website? Do you use your blog as a diary or as a newsallert by submitting a new product or services? I also learned you need to use feedburner, otherwise your blog won't get noticed. I don't know how to utilize that method thought I didn't have enough time learn about it. One m ore thing, your blog link is saying the address does not exist and it's redirecting to your website. I thought Google does not like redirections. [/url]
-
Steve m
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:34 am
- Contact:
Sorry about the link being redirected to the wrong site I had not intended them being used as links just to demonstrate the way I have my blog configured, I had a , at the end and it didn't like that as part of the URL, I have edited it now.
I use B2evolution this is free with many good hosting packages through cpanel and fantastico it installs automatically.
B2evo has an automatic ping that works after every new post, this pings b2evo directory and ping-o-matic which in turn pings 16 more popular sites, it does it instantly and you can be listed on Google and the other blog sites in minutes.
I use my blog for everything, feel free to browse, advertising for staff advising of new products or special offers and extra information on the products we sell I aways have a handy link from talking about a product to the buy page.
I use B2evolution this is free with many good hosting packages through cpanel and fantastico it installs automatically.
B2evo has an automatic ping that works after every new post, this pings b2evo directory and ping-o-matic which in turn pings 16 more popular sites, it does it instantly and you can be listed on Google and the other blog sites in minutes.
I use my blog for everything, feel free to browse, advertising for staff advising of new products or special offers and extra information on the products we sell I aways have a handy link from talking about a product to the buy page.
-
bradystjames
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:01 pm
- Contact:
-
Steve m
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:34 am
- Contact:
I have an account on blogger and I get no hits from that as well, strange because it is Google's own blog site.
I have noticed that Wordpress have my posts listed almost immediately on technorati and technorati feed the Google search.
The best by far is my B2evolution blogs, I have total control and can add all the content I want.
If I have a time critical special offer entered on my blog it can be on Google and receiving hits the same day.
Perhaps you can try pinging them yourself using pingomatic, http://pingomatic.com/ but I really recommend your home hosted package.
I have noticed that Wordpress have my posts listed almost immediately on technorati and technorati feed the Google search.
The best by far is my B2evolution blogs, I have total control and can add all the content I want.
If I have a time critical special offer entered on my blog it can be on Google and receiving hits the same day.
Perhaps you can try pinging them yourself using pingomatic, http://pingomatic.com/ but I really recommend your home hosted package.
-
viradian
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
-
viradian
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
I just opened an account on wordpress yesterday...I've decided to blog about the progress of my website as I learn more and make changes...I can have specific links that lead back to my site...but it is more interesting to write about how to create a successful website using real examples than it is to write about pillows....
I hope it generates links and traffic for me.....Steve M, I took your advice.
I hope it generates links and traffic for me.....Steve M, I took your advice.
Last edited by viradian on Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.my-pillow-place.com
-
Steve m
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:34 am
- Contact:
viradian I hope it works for you as well as it has for me, wordpress is good as you can leave messages on other peoples blogs and get links back to yours in the process, this can increase interest in your products and bring awareness of your website.
The functionality of wordpress is a bit limited but it will give you a taster of what blogs have to offer, if you are happy with the results its worth considering hosting your own blog on your dedicated domain or link it with your website on the same domain, if you do this you will have a lot of posts ready to export from your wordpress blog.
I check the stats of my blog everyday and the amount of Google links compared to others is about 99 Google to 1 other search engine, I get a lot more than 100 a day but this is the ratio.
So its a Google thing at the moment which is what we want any way.
The functionality of wordpress is a bit limited but it will give you a taster of what blogs have to offer, if you are happy with the results its worth considering hosting your own blog on your dedicated domain or link it with your website on the same domain, if you do this you will have a lot of posts ready to export from your wordpress blog.
I check the stats of my blog everyday and the amount of Google links compared to others is about 99 Google to 1 other search engine, I get a lot more than 100 a day but this is the ratio.
So its a Google thing at the moment which is what we want any way.
[url=http://www.mflblog.co.uk/]Marked For Life Limited Blog[/url]
-
viradian
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
-
viradian
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
-
Steve m
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:34 am
- Contact:
I have about 8 b2evolution blogs hosted on my own domains I am creating more when i have time, I have personal blogs for Adsense revenue, I have an information one that is related to my business website and there is a link that links them, I also have a blogger and a wordpress site.
They all link to my main websites but my business website only links to my business blog.
As my first post says my business blog is in a directory of my website and it also has a domain associated with it www.mflblog.co.uk this is to allow it to be sitemapped with my website and also have its own domain for directory listing.
I have a reseller hosting package so I can have as many websites as I want, the control panel (cpanel) has fantastico and this can automatically install a number of [removed_for_SPAM] packages including b2evolution which I use for my blogs.
b2evo have a stats tracker that tracks everything you could want to know about your visitor and search engines.
Googlebot will crawl your site within minutes of your first post being published if you have the ping options set.
They all link to my main websites but my business website only links to my business blog.
As my first post says my business blog is in a directory of my website and it also has a domain associated with it www.mflblog.co.uk this is to allow it to be sitemapped with my website and also have its own domain for directory listing.
I have a reseller hosting package so I can have as many websites as I want, the control panel (cpanel) has fantastico and this can automatically install a number of [removed_for_SPAM] packages including b2evolution which I use for my blogs.
b2evo have a stats tracker that tracks everything you could want to know about your visitor and search engines.
Googlebot will crawl your site within minutes of your first post being published if you have the ping options set.
[url=http://www.mflblog.co.uk/]Marked For Life Limited Blog[/url]
-
kevgibbo
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:57 am
- Contact:
I've found using a blog to be an excellent method of gaining new links, extra traffic, RSS subscribers and also providing fresh content and new keywords which can refer search engine traffic. So I'd definitely recommend using a blog! 
[url=http://www.seoptimise.com/our-services.asp]Search Engine Optimisation[/url]
-
viradian
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
-
Steve m
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:34 am
- Contact:
I have already added a post to your question and its disappeared.
Wordpress is constantly being crawled by search engines so it is not required, but I always ping my blogs using pingomatic just to be sure.
Yahoo are now sending searches to my first blog almost as much as Google now, so they take a little longer to include blogs.
Wordpress is constantly being crawled by search engines so it is not required, but I always ping my blogs using pingomatic just to be sure.
Yahoo are now sending searches to my first blog almost as much as Google now, so they take a little longer to include blogs.
[url=http://www.mflblog.co.uk/]Marked For Life Limited Blog[/url]
-
viradian
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 112 guests