Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in 30 d

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
kathiny
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:41 pm
Contact:

Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in 30 d

Post by kathiny »

First, I made the most of Technorati tags. I tagged every key word in each of my posts. Initially I did this manually but them I discovered a WordPress plugin called SimpleTags that made the job a whole lot easier. I found that by tagging my post effectively they were getting a lot more attention then their untagged counterparts, and as an added advantage I was getting focused, quality traffic to the site!

I leveraged my existing website. I’ve been running my business website for a few years and that was getting modest levels of traffic that was relevant to my blog – so why not try to drive some of that to my new blog! I placed a few FeedBurner headline animator blocks on some of my most popular pages and after a day or so I noticed a significant increase in traffic for 5 minutes worth of work on my part.

Finally, I made effective use of trackback links to popular sites. If I commented on a post on another site I would make sure that I set up the appropriate trackback for it. The results from this are varied depending on the site and post that you are linking to but since I liked to comment and interact with the wider blogosphere anyway, it was free traffic!
So my blog is 20 days old today and it is the first day I broke 1000 unique views. Its growing slowly but surely! Any promotion techniques I can use besides propeller and seo?

my blog: 6 ideas to accelerate your iOS device

santoshshuklaets
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:10 am
Contact:

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Post by santoshshuklaets »

By doing SMO you can increase tarffic to your website.

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.punepackersmovers.com/

regan
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:21 am
Contact:

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Post by regan »

Speaking about blog commenting, did the trackbacks show you relevant results? That would be a significant experiment, since Panda quite wiped off the link juice of these comments. Also, about the Technorati tagging, did you focus only on it or do keyword optimizing in the body of the posts, too? Afaik, the tags are not that useful for ranking in Google too, since they seem to be redirected with JavaScript, which Google does not follow. And it's Google we all seek eventually. I don't say I doubt your experience, just it would be useful to sustain it with actual analytics because it seems to vary from the traditional practices and it would be a way to follow if the statistics are good.
Free HTML forms for your website and social media!

wlcindia
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:46 pm
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Post by wlcindia »

Thanks for sharing such a nice topic.

kutuno
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:12 am
Contact:

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Post by kutuno »

What I want to know is why I should care? I mean, not to say that what you’ve got to say isn’t important, but I mean, it’s so generic. Everyone is just talking about this man. Give us something more, something that we can get behind so we can feel as passionately about it as you do.



Removed_for_spam HDMI Cable

VladTepes
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
Contact:

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Post by VladTepes »

Might work for traffic but how about ROI for sites that sell true products or services? It is just a waste of the traffic came from irrelevant clicks.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

BennyC
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in

Post by BennyC »

SEO will help increase traffic!

Trand1970
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:15 am
Contact:

Re: Three simple actions that doubled my website traffic in 30 d

Post by Trand1970 »

Manual submission is best for blog submission and it's gives you additional benefits.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 149 guests