Google vs the other search engines

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
peterko
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Contact:

Google vs the other search engines

Post by peterko »

Everyone say, focus on Google, pay attention to Google, Google is the major etc.
I just have a simple question, can anyone explain me what's the difference between the search engines, when it comes to web development and optimization. I always thought the webmaster's technics are pretty much the same, no matter what search engine you are focusing on. The SE algorythms are different, but their major criteria should be the same, correct me if I'm wrong.

Could someone please, give me an example of the certain technics that I should use particularly for Google, or Yahoo optimization special requirements, or something special for the other search engines.

Another words, what are those special things I should use, when you say FOCUS on Google or FOCUS on something else while developing and optimizing website?

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

skysoldier
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 5:39 am
Contact:

Post by skysoldier »

Maybe your right but in a certain way most of us focused our attention to google because it is the number one SE which means most user and more traffic!
[url=http://www.smilds.com/ph/]online shopping mall[/url]

peterko
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Contact:

Google special requirements

Post by peterko »

skysoldier wrote:Maybe your right but in a certain way most of us focused our attention to google because it is the number one SE which means most user and more traffic!
You're right, Google is #1 search engine for the visitors. But I was asking from the webmaster's point of view, what are those special things I should use, so I can say I'm focusing on Google in my web development and optimization? Can anyone explain it to me?

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

aerosub
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:01 am
Contact:

Post by aerosub »

Google focuses more on backlinks. You can optimize your site by learning basic onpage SEO for Google (title, desc., keyword density), etc. and of course offpage SEO like quality and quantity of backlinks. As for other search engines, they have their own methods. I think MSN focuses more on onpage SEO but it also counts back links. For Yahoo, content and age domain is more important. Yahoo also focuses more on the length of your content.

Digitoko
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 2:05 am
Contact:

Post by Digitoko »

I agree with AREOSUB. All Search Engines have their different criteria to show websites in SERP's. According to a webmaster or a client points of view google as a such show kind of data's for a website

dee_el07
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:21 am
Contact:

Post by dee_el07 »

I guess this is what you need http://www.seobook.com/relevancy/ peterko

peterko
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Contact:

Google vs the other search engines

Post by peterko »

dee_el07 wrote:I guess this is what you need http://www.seobook.com/relevancy/ peterko
I read that article and noticed everything is based on guesses and believes. I also see that on postings above.

The main idea i guess is the following, what is good for Google will be good for the other search engines, correct me if I'm wrong. Then why do we say focus on certain search engine specifically, if we could say - follow the main technics which are Google friendly and we shouldn't worry about any other SEs, everything will be okay with them.

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

viradian
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by viradian »

Google's algorithm is a secret and it changes all the time. So no one knows for sure what the special things are that you need to do (unless you work for Google).

However, I think most people agree that anchor text and links are one of the most important things in Google's algo. And here is something that I've found most people don't do...links within your own site count. So using a technique of linking between your pages using certain anchor text can help you get Google to rank a page higher.
http://www.my-pillow-place.com

imranahmed
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:11 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by imranahmed »

In one year time i have seen almost all search engines algorithm changes. So in that case i think we have to be update with all search engines all the time.

peterko
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Contact:

Google special techniques

Post by peterko »

viradian wrote:... And here is something that I've found most people don't do...links within your own site count. So using a technique of linking between your pages using certain anchor text can help you get Google to rank a page higher.
What are those special techniques of linking between the pages that can help you get Google to rank a page higher? If you know them, could you please make it clear. Is it your opinion or you have that list of techniques?

Have a great day,
Peter
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

Ka-canor
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Ka-canor »

Google still the biggest search engine and no one can compare Google to others.

srbhattarai
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 3:17 am
Contact:

Post by srbhattarai »

Google is the best search engine so far and holds the largest market share
[url=http://www.oureasyshop.com/]Coupon[/url] http://nepal-stock-exchange.blogspot.com/

sudan
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 2:33 am
Contact:

Post by sudan »

Now! google is no.1 search engine but I'm think in future msn (live) may be no.1 due to Microsoft & Mr.Billgate!!
[url=http://jamey-astore.blogspot.com]Jamey Store[/url]

amoona
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 7:17 am
Contact:

Post by amoona »

No doubt google is #1. But it is also more difficult to do SEO on google.
[url=http://www.cdljobs.com]Truck Driving Jobs[/url]

saranisa
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:13 am
Contact:

Post by saranisa »

Hi

Indeed Google is the best and its Search algorithm and link popularity made it number 1 in the internet world.

2 Things, Off the page SEO and on the page SEO.

You can refer to many books how to do that. Its a long and continuing process so its like taking care of a baby.

Cheers!
[url=http://www.hostingref.com]top 10 web hosting[/url]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests