Google PPC / Adwords Abuse

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
Bobby_valentino
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:18 am
Location: Tokyo
Contact:

Google PPC / Adwords Abuse

Post by Bobby_valentino »

Strictly asking in THEORY.

If my competitor were to click one of my pay per click ads over and over...

e.g. clicking my PPC ad which costs 1.50 per click... and then returning to the search page and refreshing and re clicking.

would I be charged double, tripple and so on... ?

I mean technically they could just sit there and charge me thousands of dollars a day.

Someone please shed some light on this.
[url=http://www.youcarz.com/garage.aspx]Local Auto Garages[/url]

scottgrace25
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Google PPC / Adwords Abuse

Post by scottgrace25 »

Bobby_valentino wrote:Strictly asking in THEORY.

If my competitor were to click one of my pay per click ads over and over...

e.g. clicking my PPC ad which costs 1.50 per click... and then returning to the search page and refreshing and re clicking.

would I be charged double, tripple and so on... ?

I mean technically they could just sit there and charge me thousands of dollars a day.

Someone please shed some light on this.

Google has a system in place to make sure this dosen't happen. They log the IP address of the clicks and if they see 3(i think) or more then they will credit you at the end of the month(check your bill for credits because I know I have seen some).
[url=http://www.scottgrace.ca/]Exit Realty Sackville[/url]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 108 guests