I'm confused with some Google Stats

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
DansMuayThaiMMA
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:36 am
Contact:

I'm confused with some Google Stats

Post by DansMuayThaiMMA »

When I look at Google Webmaster tools, it lists 523 external links to my site.

When I look at link:www.dansmuaythaimma.com I only see about 13 links or so.

That seems like a really big difference. Which one is correct? If google finds over 500 links to my site, why don't some of them appear in the link page?

Can anyone help me understand this? Most of the links in the WM Tools are relavant back links of pages with good PR. I would love them to be counted towards my PR.

Please provide me with any advice, tips, information about this. Thanks.

Dan

rayter
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by rayter »

The number of backlinks is constantly being updated by Google. Don't get too concerned about it. If your site has good ranking, you're doing fine.

VladTepes
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
Contact:

Post by VladTepes »

Google lessen showing the backlinks they count for a site, maybe its for competitions reason.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

stevejeff
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:21 am
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Post by stevejeff »

Yahoo Site Explorer shows accurate no of backlinks !
[url=http://www.planningforcecom/]Project Planning Software[/url]

amortization
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 10:35 am
Contact:

Re: I'm confused with some Google Stats

Post by amortization »

DansMuayThaiMMA wrote:When I look at Google Webmaster tools, it lists 523 external links to my site.

When I look at link:www.dansmuaythaimma.com I only see about 13 links or so.

That seems like a really big difference. Which one is correct? If google finds over 500 links to my site, why don't some of them appear in the link page?

Can anyone help me understand this? Most of the links in the WM Tools are relavant back links of pages with good PR. I would love them to be counted towards my PR.

Please provide me with any advice, tips, information about this. Thanks.

Dan
Webmaster tools is generally seen as much more accurate than the link: attribute.

nsagent
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:07 pm
Contact:

Post by nsagent »

webmaster tools will actually show you all of the links while the link: command will only show you a small cross section of them.
A great resource for [url=http://halifaxrealestatebroker.com]Halifax Real Estate[/url] information.

articlemaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 2:32 am
Contact:

Post by articlemaster »

Google is such a site who has no specified and clear rules and it change its algorithm time to time and its rules also changes time to time, i have 2 sites 1 is 6 months old another is only 1 month old.6 month site is listed in all the search engines and its showing in google that it has 2000 links but when i searched there is only 500 to 700 links to my site only then what about rest? and another thing i have listed my new site in google search engines and i have also added it in many book marking sites and directories, good forums etc.. and everyday visitors coming from all the search engines even google and i have checked also i am getting links from all the sites and i have checked all the search engines but google showing zero link back to my site which is invalid, so i don't understand it.
[url=http://www.readyourarticles.com]Free Article submission[/url]

DansMuayThaiMMA
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:36 am
Contact:

Post by DansMuayThaiMMA »

Thanks for all the replies guys. I feel a lot better now, knowing that my link building is working.

Unfortunately I haven't seen an increase in PR yet, but I am sure that just takes time. My site has only been up since Jan 1.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

sharon.gmc
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:29 pm
Contact:

Post by sharon.gmc »

Thanks for the info. I have a same problem with him.
[url=http://rentalcarscode.com]rental coupon[/url] [url=http://pizzacouponshut.com]pizza deal[/url]

zeruel
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:07 am
Contact:

Post by zeruel »

As simple as, Google Webmaster Results is different from the link: command. Google doesn't show everything if you use the search command.
[url=http://www.autoinsuranceselect.com/]Cheap Auto Insurance[/url]

USB Memory Sticks
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 10:31 am
Contact:

Post by USB Memory Sticks »

yes, this has to be ongoing work building links as some just get ignored after a period of time
[url=http://www.usbmemorysticks.co.uk/]usb memory sticks[/url]

KrazyG
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:25 pm
Contact:

Post by KrazyG »

I definitely agree that they show different results. Just rely on the Google Webmaster Tools I guess.
[url=http://www.qualitymatters.com/Barbeque-and-Grill-s/90.htm]Weber BBQ Grills[/url]

YooHee
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:53 am
Contact:

Post by YooHee »

i think those are the links that are indexed by google? or the backlinks to your site :D
All you need to know about you Social Security Card

janiston
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 3:14 am
Contact:

Post by janiston »

As per my knowledge Google is not display your actual back links.
Its displays only quality (till i don't know about Google Quality policy)

In Webmaster account you may be found websites which is recognised as a back links and will be transform to link:www.yourdomain.com

if anybody have any idea then please contribute
[url=http://www.evergladetrade.co.uk/]uPVC Double Glazing Window[/url] | [url=http://www.evergladetrade.co.uk/glass.html]Double Glass[/url] | [url=http://www.evergladetrade.co.uk/double-glazing-glass.html]Double Glazing[/url]

elena21
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:54 am
Contact:

Post by elena21 »

stevejeff wrote:Yahoo Site Explorer shows accurate no of backlinks !
But yahoo also show no follow links
How to use [url=http://www.generictadafil.com/]Generic Tadalafil[/url] [url=http://www.creativedrugs.com/buy_propecia.htm]Propecia[/url]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 76 guests