Dropped by Google
-
bigmallrat
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:40 pm
- Location: Castro Valley, CA
- Contact:
Dropped by Google
Hi,
Last week, 80% of my site suddenly dropped out of Google. The missing pages are no longer indexed. Google Sitemaps doesn't report any problems. I thought it may be a temporary fluke and the pages would soon reappear. However, now Yahoo has done the same. Nearly all of my pages have dropped there, too.
Any ideas on what may have happened? I haven't changed anything.
It's frustrating to suddenly have no visitors.
Thanks,
Scott
Last week, 80% of my site suddenly dropped out of Google. The missing pages are no longer indexed. Google Sitemaps doesn't report any problems. I thought it may be a temporary fluke and the pages would soon reappear. However, now Yahoo has done the same. Nearly all of my pages have dropped there, too.
Any ideas on what may have happened? I haven't changed anything.
It's frustrating to suddenly have no visitors.
Thanks,
Scott
[url=http://www.bigmallrat.com/]Guide to Real Malls of Northern Californa and Reno[/url]
-
urbanphotos
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:49 pm
- Contact:
See my post a few down on the list - 72 views but no responses.
I haven't noticed a change in Yahoo! but Google did definitely make some major change.
My site used to consistently come up on the first page of Google search results when doing a search for LAS VEGAS PHOTOS. Now it doesn't come up at all, or so far down I haven't found it yet.
However, if you search with quotes around the search terms, I come up in the same place I used to.
My site has about 2,500 photos of Las Vegas and an individual .htm page for each one, so it is probably the most relevant site on the Internet to someone looking for Las Vegas photos. I only know of one other site that may have more Las Vegas photos posted for free viewing than mine.
So in my opinion Google has majorly screwed up their search results. That opinion being based on if someone is looking for photos of Las Vegas, a site with over 2,500 on-topic photos does not come up; but a whole bunch of off-topic stuff like sites that sell travel and hotel reservations do come up.
I'm coming up #19 on Yahoo, #3 or #4 on MSN.
My situation may not be an accurate reflection of search results though because there are millions of web pages related to Las Vegas. Google's new algorithm may place position #4,000 as high or "very relevant" when you consider that right now Google gives 163,000,000 hits on the search terms LAS VEGAS PHOTOS. But who's gonna scroll through 400 pages of search results?
I tried the AdWords thing last year, it brought me more traffic but didn't generate any more sales.
I haven't noticed a change in Yahoo! but Google did definitely make some major change.
My site used to consistently come up on the first page of Google search results when doing a search for LAS VEGAS PHOTOS. Now it doesn't come up at all, or so far down I haven't found it yet.
However, if you search with quotes around the search terms, I come up in the same place I used to.
My site has about 2,500 photos of Las Vegas and an individual .htm page for each one, so it is probably the most relevant site on the Internet to someone looking for Las Vegas photos. I only know of one other site that may have more Las Vegas photos posted for free viewing than mine.
So in my opinion Google has majorly screwed up their search results. That opinion being based on if someone is looking for photos of Las Vegas, a site with over 2,500 on-topic photos does not come up; but a whole bunch of off-topic stuff like sites that sell travel and hotel reservations do come up.
I'm coming up #19 on Yahoo, #3 or #4 on MSN.
My situation may not be an accurate reflection of search results though because there are millions of web pages related to Las Vegas. Google's new algorithm may place position #4,000 as high or "very relevant" when you consider that right now Google gives 163,000,000 hits on the search terms LAS VEGAS PHOTOS. But who's gonna scroll through 400 pages of search results?
I tried the AdWords thing last year, it brought me more traffic but didn't generate any more sales.
-
bigmallrat
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:40 pm
- Location: Castro Valley, CA
- Contact:
-
bigmallrat
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:40 pm
- Location: Castro Valley, CA
- Contact:
Hi,
No, I haven't changed anything. I checked Google this morning and they've re-indexed 10 pages. What's come back on Yahoo has done so, but now rate very poorly. Google must just be doing something. They mustn't realize the devastation to visitors and thus revenue they can cause.
Scott
No, I haven't changed anything. I checked Google this morning and they've re-indexed 10 pages. What's come back on Yahoo has done so, but now rate very poorly. Google must just be doing something. They mustn't realize the devastation to visitors and thus revenue they can cause.
Scott
[url=http://www.bigmallrat.com/]Guide to Real Malls of Northern Californa and Reno[/url]
-
Ell
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:47 am
- Contact:
-
ben_at_run
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:37 am
- Contact:
-
wereviewwebsites
- Posts: 68
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 10:37 pm
- Contact:
-
jgalty
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:07 pm
- Contact:
That's weird usually what happens is your move down about for a week then your up higher then what you were but your situation doesn't sound like that. I would submit a site map like stated above then check the information when it scans your site see if there any errors and such.
[url=http://wiredtogether.ca]Web Design in Barrie[/url]
-
YooHee
- Posts: 340
- Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:53 am
- Contact:
try to make some changes on your tags and your title....then wait until google re-index your site......
All you need to know about you Social Security Card
-
elena21
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:54 am
- Contact:
-
skywind
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 10:50 pm
- Contact:
-
jacks smith
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 3:17 am
- Contact:
-
foodsnark
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 8:27 am
- Contact:
-
Sheila
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 11:57 am
- Contact:
were you by chance using black hat tactics ?
Are you sure that you were completely out of google or just not ranking high?
Are you sure that you were completely out of google or just not ranking high?
[url=http://productadvertising.net]product advertising[/url]
[url=http://advertisingforums.net]advertising forums[/url]
[url=http://freeadvertisingboards.com]free advertising boards[/url]
[url=http://freebusinessprofile.com]free business profile[/url]
[url=http://advertisingforums.net]advertising forums[/url]
[url=http://freeadvertisingboards.com]free advertising boards[/url]
[url=http://freebusinessprofile.com]free business profile[/url]
-
mdamin76
- Posts: 817
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 pm
- Location: On Stage
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 83 guests