what is name of google crawler

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
seo.ashwin
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 pm
Contact:

what is name of google crawler

Post by seo.ashwin »

Hi,

I heard that name of Google crawler is changed.

can any one tell me about now what is name of gooogle crawler

VladTepes
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
Contact:

Re: what is name of google crawler

Post by VladTepes »

seo.ashwin wrote:Hi,

I heard that name of Google crawler is changed.

can any one tell me about now what is name of gooogle crawler
And what's its old name?
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

mwya
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:48 am
Location: my website
Contact:

Post by mwya »

i think the name of google crawler is google bot
[url=http://www.mwyamoneymaker.com]Earn Money At Home[/url]

ngdes2
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:46 am
Contact:

Post by ngdes2 »

yes ive always refered to it as bot
[url=http://www.avamayhemme.coom/]fashionista[/url]

Netdogz
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:12 am
Contact:

Post by Netdogz »

Hi,

I think also that name of this bot is google bot.

I did not heard till now about any changing or new name.

Thanks :)
[url=http://www.netdogz.com]web design ct[/url]
[url=http://www.netdogz.com]Connecticut web designer[/url]

cfoo
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: In A Gym
Contact:

Post by cfoo »

The name is Googlebot. You can check it from awstat in your CPanel.

dhanjit
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:11 am
Location: India
Contact:

Re: what is name of google crawler

Post by dhanjit »

seo.ashwin wrote:Hi,

I heard that name of Google crawler is changed.

can any one tell me about now what is name of gooogle crawler
Here is the list of updated crawlers-

1. Google Crawler- Google Boot
2. Yahoo Crawler- Slurp
2. MSN Crawler- MSN Robot
4. AltaVista- Scooter

tomasmatt
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:39 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by tomasmatt »

I have seen no change in googlebots name
Tom.
[url=http://www.beforeyoubuy.co.uk]free line rental[/url]

extreme-seo
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:53 am
Location: Srilanka
Contact:

Post by extreme-seo »

I have searched too much over internet but haven't found anything such that they have changed their name of crawler. Where you have found this info!

homeloans
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:55 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by homeloans »

I don't know about the new name of the google crawlers.
[url=http://www.home123.com/mortgage/index.php]Mortgage Loan Calculator[/url] | [url=http://www.home123.com/mortgage/index.php]Refinance Home Loans[/url]

my_misyel
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:34 pm
Contact:

Re: what is name of google crawler

Post by my_misyel »

dhanjit wrote:
seo.ashwin wrote:Hi,

I heard that name of Google crawler is changed.

can any one tell me about now what is name of gooogle crawler
Here is the list of updated crawlers-

1. Google Crawler- Google Boot
2. Yahoo Crawler- Slurp
2. MSN Crawler- MSN Robot
4. AltaVista- Scooter

Is it GoogleBot? am I right?

stevepeterson
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:17 pm
Contact:

Post by stevepeterson »

The name of google crawler is google boot
[url=http://www.holiday-hotelsdirect.com]luxury hotels[/url] | [url=http://www.holiday-hotelsdirect.com]online hotel booking[/url]

rayter
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by rayter »

It's just a name. Google crawler is commonly called as Googlebot or Google robot.

stevepeterson
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:17 pm
Contact:

Post by stevepeterson »

rayter wrote:It's just a name. Google crawler is commonly called as Googlebot or Google robot.
I agree with you.
[url=http://www.holiday-hotelsdirect.com]luxury hotels[/url] | [url=http://www.holiday-hotelsdirect.com]online hotel booking[/url]

mebarclay
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:15 am
Contact:

Post by mebarclay »

rayter wrote:It's just a name. Google crawler is commonly called as Googlebot or Google robot.
Google Bot Commonly Call As Spiders And yahoo bots Call As yahoo slurp
[url=http://www.bankforeclosurelaws.com/]Foreclosure Laws[/url]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 470 guests