Which sitemap is better for Google?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
divyansh
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:47 am
Contact:

Which sitemap is better for Google?

Post by divyansh »

In my point of view sitemap.xml is better than sitemap.html

But I need your suggestions. Thanks..
[url=http://www.slingshotseo.com/]Indianapolis SEO[/url]

franky123
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:10 am
Contact:

Post by franky123 »

I also think that sitemap.xml is better than sitemap.html. Not only me but also a big number of webmaster prefer to xml sitemap.

ciidoctor
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:20 am
Contact:

xml sitemap is better

Post by ciidoctor »

xml sitemap is better

solar_power
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:02 pm
Contact:

Post by solar_power »

I think xml is the better one.
[url=http://www.sunwize.com/]Sunwize - Solar Power & Home Solar Panels[/url]

medbook
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:10 pm
Contact:

Post by medbook »

Thanks for the info, I will using xml sitemap
[url=http://www.medbook.md/]Medbook, Medical & Health Blog[/url]

VladTepes
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
Contact:

Post by VladTepes »

Both are useful and have special functions for our sites, mostly when used properly.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

wildnettechnologies
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:38 pm
Contact:

Post by wildnettechnologies »

XML sitemap is the best for google.

doomcashdown
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:02 am
Contact:

Post by doomcashdown »

Well, answers had been given, so I'll just support them. Xml sitemaps are recommended by Google.
[b][url=http://www.google.com/profiles/doomcashdown]Gary Blaze - Google Profile[/url][/b]

RoscoeRollOff
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:27 pm
Contact:

Post by RoscoeRollOff »

I been using sitemaps that are recommended by Google.
[url=http://www.roscoerolloff.com/]Roll Off & Garbage Bins Los Angeles[/url]

rashiya
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:19 am
Contact:

Post by rashiya »

Both Xml and html sitemaps are good but still I think Google gives a bit more preference to Xml sitemaps.
[url=http://www.hire-web-developer.com/]Hire PHP programmer[/url]

ForumMaster
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:25 am
Contact:

Post by ForumMaster »

Xml and html sitemaps both of good but Xml is better than html.

I prefer Xml sitemap.
[url=http://www.obituarieshelp.org/free_printable_blank_family_tree.html]Printable Blank Family Tree[/url]

Lingua21
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:25 am
Location: Newark on Trent UK
Contact:

Post by Lingua21 »

Google actually likes both and you can watch a clip about it at the Google Webmaster Central Channel on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Goo ... i5DGOu1uA0
[url=http://www.lingua21.com]Italian translation[/url]

Organs
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:14 am
Contact:

Post by Organs »

Use Google sitemap generator. it is the best.

Thizzle
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:31 pm
Contact:

Post by Thizzle »

I don't think it matters, its more whats easier for you than anything.

ukhotels
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:24 pm
Contact:

Post by ukhotels »

xml sitemap is for search engine purpose, and html sitemap is for user purpose.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 161 guests