Can't get Google past my home page

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
Colin

Can't get Google past my home page

Post by Colin »

Google is indexing my site about every two days but it never goes down to the next level below my home page. I have the same unique content techniques in lower pages and have even bypassed the image-based nav buttons offered within my web design package by using text based site index lists with hyperlinks direct to the pages from the home page. Any ideas?

colin

Post by colin »

OK - it seems that, in the meantime, Google HAS in fact indexed my site and picked other pages in the site in addition to the home page.

Any comments still welcomed re crawling past the home page.

Colin

Guest

Post by Guest »


DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Edgar
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Post by Edgar »

If I was you, I would probably get my own domain instead of hosting it with netfirms.

It's really cheap, like $9/year.
Last edited by Edgar on Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
EdgarXP[at]Gmail.com

colin2

Post by colin2 »

I was just indexed two days ago (after 14 days) and still only the home page cached. Before this index, I modifed the nav bars to be text-based instead of graphic based in case the links to lower pages were not being seen. I also put in a site index per Stig - still only the home page. I even added meta-descriptions on every page as that had not been done previously. Any further comments
Colin
www.catalyst-interim.com

qweqwe

How it works

Post by qweqwe »


Edgar
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: Glendale, CA
Contact:

Post by Edgar »

Now you need to get some more incomming links to your site and wait.
EdgarXP[at]Gmail.com

colinw

Post by colinw »

The site is now indexed past the home page level. I had added a site index and improved page naming and meta descriptions. I still don't know what really fixed this problem. However, all of these techniques have been applied across the whole site and although I now get donw past the home page to level 2, google still doesn't get down to my level three.

eyecandy
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:50 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Post by eyecandy »

I think you have way too many outgoing links on your site. Even in Google's webmaster guide it says not make a page with over 100 links and I think you are close to it. In fact you should put very little outgoing links on your main page and keep them strictly on your internal pages. Because too many outgoing links make your site look like you do not have any real content and you are just an affiliate, therefore your site would get a lower rank.
[url=http://www.eye-candy.info/]Download Trance and Techno Music MP3's[/url]

colinw

Post by colinw »

I don't understand the lasting posting / reply. I have just two outgoing (external) links on my home page and one internal outgoing link. Are you sure you are looking at the right site??????
colin

HealthInfo

RE:

Post by HealthInfo »

Google comes by for a regular crawl, then returns later for a deep crawl. Give it some time, you will get a deep crawl.

_________________

davidsteve
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:27 am
Contact:

Post by davidsteve »

I suggest you make sure that all links are in text and the navigation is search friendly. Also make sure that they all have do follow attributes and not covered by robots. One more point is that you need to be doing some deep linking in order to get inner links attribute.

Steve
[url=http://www.vasanthandco.com/]Vasanth and co[/url]

mathew4847
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:05 am
Contact:

Post by mathew4847 »

Looking at the PageRank data and making decisions based on "what the toolbar" shows. This information displayed on the toolbar is old. How old? The average is 3-5 months. Never make a decision on a potential linking opportunity by what the "green bar" says.

When requesting links the Webmaster looks at the PageRank of the home page. "They have a PageRank of 5, not bad, I'll request a link." The link isn't going on the home page. Instead it goes on a "links page" that has a PageRank of 0. This link is probably worthless in terms of raising your PageRank

Thanks & Regards
Mathew
________________
www.souriau.com
www.souriau-industrial.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 218 guests