Could Competitors Drop your rankings in Google?
-
quadra
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:23 am
- Location: California
- Contact:
Could Competitors Drop your rankings in Google?
Could Competitors Drop your rankings in Google? This issue was brought up recently in Google Groups and a guy had proof of this. But Google denies that it is possible.
Basically you link to a site with some adult terms from bunch of places and it is supposed to make them drop in rankings. See here:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google_W ... f0eced03d/
Quadra Promotions
Basically you link to a site with some adult terms from bunch of places and it is supposed to make them drop in rankings. See here:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google_W ... f0eced03d/
Quadra Promotions
-
AS-9
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:22 am
- Contact:
-
green8659
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:32 pm
- Contact:
-
mrrsx2006
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:04 am
- Contact:
I would assume it would be difficult for a competitor to help drop your rankings because it would cause a lot of havoc. But at the same time webmasters naturally earn penalties for their sites so I'd imagine a competitor could some how do a little bit of harm.
[url=http://www.acelayouts.com]Free Myspace Layouts[/url]
-
Ka-canor
- Posts: 1069
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: Could Competitors Drop your rankings in Google?
I think one way to do this is using Google bomb.
quadra wrote:Could Competitors Drop your rankings in Google? This issue was brought up recently in Google Groups and a guy had proof of this. But Google denies that it is possible.
Basically you link to a site with some adult terms from bunch of places and it is supposed to make them drop in rankings. See here:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google_W ... f0eced03d/
Quadra Promotions
-
viradian
- Posts: 459
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 10:57 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
-
startupsalesmentor
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:19 pm
- Location: Santa Cruz, CA
- Contact:
Does linking alot with the same people hurt you?
I work at http://salesblog.karlgoldfield.com. I am a sales consultant and there are a bunch of us who post comments and trackback with each other. Is there a point when we can hurt each others rankings?
Last edited by startupsalesmentor on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://salesblog.karlgoldfield.com]Sales Training[/url]
-
AS-9
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Could Competitors Drop your rankings in Google?
AFAIK Google Bomb effect was already minimized year 2007, the topic here is Google Bowling from the provided link.Ka-canor wrote:I think one way to do this is using Google bomb.
quadra wrote:Could Competitors Drop your rankings in Google? This issue was brought up recently in Google Groups and a guy had proof of this. But Google denies that it is possible.
Basically you link to a site with some adult terms from bunch of places and it is supposed to make them drop in rankings. See here:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google_W ... f0eced03d/
Quadra Promotions
[url=http://descriptivessay.at.ua/publ/1-1-0-1]rhetorical choices[/url]
-
zeruel
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:07 am
- Contact:
-
aerosub
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:01 am
- Contact:
-
Kaabi
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:09 pm
- Contact:
-
Ka-canor
- Posts: 1069
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: Could Competitors Drop your rankings in Google?
They have the same process and its remind me the good old days.
AS-9 wrote:AFAIK Google Bomb effect was already minimized year 2007, the topic here is Google Bowling from the provided link.Ka-canor wrote:I think one way to do this is using Google bomb.
quadra wrote:Could Competitors Drop your rankings in Google? This issue was brought up recently in Google Groups and a guy had proof of this. But Google denies that it is possible.
Basically you link to a site with some adult terms from bunch of places and it is supposed to make them drop in rankings. See here:
http://groups.google.com/group/Google_W ... f0eced03d/
Quadra Promotions
-
AS-9
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Could Competitors Drop your rankings in Google?
[url=http://descriptivessay.at.ua/publ/1-1-0-1]rhetorical choices[/url]
-
startupsalesmentor
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:19 pm
- Location: Santa Cruz, CA
- Contact:
Taking a big keyword page
So I want to take down sales training and be in the fist page. In two weeks of focus I went from not in the top 1000 to 682nd. My questionsi s this....
If I rock out and get to the top of this challenging keyword will I have to constantly be fighting to keep it?
If I rock out and get to the top of this challenging keyword will I have to constantly be fighting to keep it?
Last edited by startupsalesmentor on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://salesblog.karlgoldfield.com]Sales Training[/url]
-
samcarroll00243
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:05 pm
- Location: UK
- Contact:
How do I know if ths has happened to me?
Hi was always on page 3 for wedding invitations and page 1 for christening invitations and for wedding invitations I have been dropped like a lead balloon. Literally!!! dropped to page 9 overnight then the next day back to page 3 then the next back to page 10 now I don't even know where I am.
My site is www.handmadebyme.co.uk
Any advice would be helpful I do the website myself but I have only a very basic knowledge of dreamweaver.
Thanks heaps
Samanth
ps I also have www.weddinginvitationshandmadebyme.com and it appears my shop is now showing page 2 for christenings http://www.store2go.net/shop/handmadebyme
am I doing something obviously wrong here?
My site is www.handmadebyme.co.uk
Any advice would be helpful I do the website myself but I have only a very basic knowledge of dreamweaver.
Thanks heaps
Samanth
ps I also have www.weddinginvitationshandmadebyme.com and it appears my shop is now showing page 2 for christenings http://www.store2go.net/shop/handmadebyme
am I doing something obviously wrong here?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 78 guests