Google Spiders on phpBB Forums -this is a Google101 Question
-
ScrapbookSupplies
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:17 pm
- Location: Katy, Texas
- Contact:
Google Spiders on phpBB Forums -this is a Google101 Question
I am extremely new to phpBB and all related (still some dampness behind the ears), and I was so worried about Google finding us - getting meta tags in...
Well, before I mastered that task (still do not know how to insert the meta tags) I found that Google is constantly on our site. Now I am wondering if this is something that I should be concerned about?
Are we doing something wrong? Do we need to add content? The forum is extremely small (less than 40 members and just over 400 posts), but Google is spidering the site (which I can see from the admin side) many, many times per day. Is it looking for something specific? Should we add something or take something away? Is this hurting us or helping us?
Can any one give me a heads up?
Thanks so much!
Jeanne
Well, before I mastered that task (still do not know how to insert the meta tags) I found that Google is constantly on our site. Now I am wondering if this is something that I should be concerned about?
Are we doing something wrong? Do we need to add content? The forum is extremely small (less than 40 members and just over 400 posts), but Google is spidering the site (which I can see from the admin side) many, many times per day. Is it looking for something specific? Should we add something or take something away? Is this hurting us or helping us?
Can any one give me a heads up?
Thanks so much!
Jeanne
[b][url=http://scrapbooksuppliesdirect.com/phpBB/]Scrapbooker's ScrapChat Forum[/url][/b]
-
dvduval
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:22 pm
- Contact:
-
ScrapbookSupplies
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:17 pm
- Location: Katy, Texas
- Contact:
-
guruananth
- Posts: 172
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:11 am
- Contact:
-
VladTepes
- Posts: 1463
- Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
- Contact:
Seems like your site is in good side of being loved by bots. It is good time to put more high quality content for spiders to crawl and fetch...
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.
-
renet
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:48 pm
- Contact:
-
meanmachine29
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:07 am
- Location: Coventry
- Contact:
-
dreammissu
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:42 pm
- Location: China
- Contact:
-
VladTepes
- Posts: 1463
- Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
- Contact:
Pretty interesting, thanks!submit wrote:You should install this SEO MOD:
Able2Know.com SEO 2.0.0
http://www.able2know.com/forums/about15132.html
It will make your forum search engine friendly. We use this mod here in our forum.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 149 guests