Google Spiders on phpBB Forums -this is a Google101 Question

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
ScrapbookSupplies
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: Katy, Texas
Contact:

Google Spiders on phpBB Forums -this is a Google101 Question

Post by ScrapbookSupplies »

I am extremely new to phpBB and all related (still some dampness behind the ears), and I was so worried about Google finding us - getting meta tags in...

Well, before I mastered that task (still do not know how to insert the meta tags) I found that Google is constantly on our site. Now I am wondering if this is something that I should be concerned about?

Are we doing something wrong? Do we need to add content? The forum is extremely small (less than 40 members and just over 400 posts), but Google is spidering the site (which I can see from the admin side) many, many times per day. Is it looking for something specific? Should we add something or take something away? Is this hurting us or helping us?

Can any one give me a heads up?

Thanks so much!
Jeanne
[b][url=http://scrapbooksuppliesdirect.com/phpBB/]Scrapbooker's ScrapChat Forum[/url][/b]

dvduval
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:22 pm
Contact:

Post by dvduval »

I would say you might want to do a little work with your title tags so the post title is the first thing listed in the title tag, and the same thing with category titles. In general, you just need to build pagerank and incoming links.
[url=http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/]PHP Link Directory[/url]

ScrapbookSupplies
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: Katy, Texas
Contact:

Post by ScrapbookSupplies »

Do you mean updating the meta tags?

Jeanne
[b][url=http://scrapbooksuppliesdirect.com/phpBB/]Scrapbooker's ScrapChat Forum[/url][/b]

guruananth
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:11 am
Contact:

Post by guruananth »

Update the Tag Name <title>

___________________________________________
Bulk SMS|
kannada Songs

VladTepes
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
Contact:

Post by VladTepes »

Seems like your site is in good side of being loved by bots. It is good time to put more high quality content for spiders to crawl and fetch...
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

renet
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:48 pm
Contact:

Post by renet »

I agree - keep putting up good quality content and I would even recommend building more inbound links to the forum. Get some links to each major topic - catagory in the forum.
[url=http://vancouver-home.info]Vancouver Washington Real Estate Information[/url]

meanmachine29
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:07 am
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Post by meanmachine29 »

why are you giving advice like that?
Its a forum, meta tag will not help. just set your link out to no (just for a bit) and you will build automatically. add a feed, that helps, and make sure your title tag is relivent and strong.
[url=http://www.onecoventry.co.uk/]Web design[/url]

dreammissu
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: China
Contact:

Post by dreammissu »

In general, you just need to build pagerank and incoming links.

VladTepes
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
Contact:

Post by VladTepes »

submit wrote:You should install this SEO MOD:
Able2Know.com SEO 2.0.0
http://www.able2know.com/forums/about15132.html

It will make your forum search engine friendly. We use this mod here in our forum.
Pretty interesting, thanks!
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 153 guests