Flash and SEO

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
Aneeta
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:21 pm
Contact:

Flash and SEO

Post by Aneeta »

I have used flash intro in my site http://www.zebratranslations.co.uk What might be the impact of it in SEO?

Please comment

Joseph James
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:14 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Joseph James »

It is always advisible to reduce flash. Flash should not be used extensively. Thats what I think

peterko
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Contact:

SEO freindly sites

Post by peterko »

As far as I know search engines like the sites with great deal of content, and they have to be as simple as possible. I have nothing wrong with the flash, but it makes the site less readable. I guess, it might be not a problem for Google to read it, but what about the other search engines? You shouldn't skip them, cause they might also bring you some targetted visitors. IMO

Have a great day
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

VladTepes
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
Contact:

Post by VladTepes »

Flash is just fine but there should always place for contents for bots love them.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

meanmachine29
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:07 am
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: RE: Flash and SEO

Post by meanmachine29 »

maneetpuri wrote:Yeah now Googlebots can easily read flash files and can extract the text inside the Flash file.

But try not to build the complete website in flash, because Googlebots can read text files much better that flash files.


Cheers!
Thats just not true.
Google bots do not read flash!. they can pick out the text, you can place alt tag with a code for google, but it cant read flash!. This is not a sales pitch, just check my site, I do a gradual build from Html sites to Flash. I can tell you the pros and cons, and write code that google can read in flash. but GOOGLE BOTS CAN NOT READ FLASH!
[url=http://www.onecoventry.co.uk/]Web design[/url]

meanmachine29
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:07 am
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: Flash and SEO

Post by meanmachine29 »

Aneeta wrote:I have used flash intro in my site http://www.zebratranslations.co.uk What might be the impact of it in SEO?

Please comment
All I will say is, your flash intro is to basic and has errors, so will not even be indexed by google. Your site however is fairly good a few tweeks here and there and your should reach a pr of 3.
you need to either, oops nearly gave the game away!! pm ME FOR DETAILS.
[url=http://www.onecoventry.co.uk/]Web design[/url]

shruchi nagar
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:40 am
Contact:

Post by shruchi nagar »

Currently flash content are not being crawl by Google , but Google is going to change the algorithm and in the next update you will have flash content would be readable by spider.
[url=http://www.snvinfotech.com/]SEO Consultant[/url]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 710 guests