Images not showing in Google

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
groove
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:33 pm
Contact:

Images not showing in Google

Post by groove »

Hi everyone

I have recently put a website online. It has been on for about 2/3 weeks. Google picks it up reasonably well in a search and I have submitted a sitemap. So far I haven't let anyone know this website exists as i wanted to get the functionality up to scratch first. I am currently working offline on the design to make it look lovely. Once I have done that I will advertise it, however at the moment I dont see the point as Google doesn't seem to be picking up on my pictures. The website is a photography site where you can order a photo from my collection. I have tried very hard to make the images seen but think I must be missing something. Can anyone help at all? Do I just need to wait a long time??? PhotoLibraryAbout.html Please remember to excuse the temp design!

Many thanks and hope to hear from somebody soon
[url=http://freetvshowandmovies.com]Free TV Show And Movies[/url]
[url=http://freegames.freetvshowandmovies.com]Free PC Games[/url]

rayter
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Post by rayter »

It takes time before Google picks up all images of a site. Just wait. I suggest you put relevant tags to it.

popo256
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by popo256 »

I agree on his answer. Putting tags on each photo can help your website to be crawled by Google. 8)
[Excessive URL's removed for spam - Please only post one URL per post- ADMIN]

franky123
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:10 am
Contact:

Hi friend

Post by franky123 »

Google take time to crawl images of new sites. You should use "alt" tag in image coding as well as using 450x450 pix size will be better. Besides it, submit your sites in social bookmarking sites such as digg, stumbleupon, mixx etc. will help you.

Alex.M
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:08 am
Contact:

Post by Alex.M »

agree with franky

wildnettechnologies
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:38 pm
Contact:

Post by wildnettechnologies »

Optimize your images.. like put alternate text, name your image as your keyword name etc..

doomcashdown
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:02 am
Contact:

Post by doomcashdown »

First of all, the page that contains the images should be static so that Google can index the page that contains your images. Then you should put alt="" attribute to your images because Google cannot read pure images, but with the alt attribute, Google will recognize it as the name of the image. Another thing is that if you mount your images in a flash application, Google might not likely index it.
[b][url=http://www.google.com/profiles/doomcashdown]Gary Blaze - Google Profile[/url][/b]

Autsch
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:01 pm
Contact:

Post by Autsch »

It might takes a time even Google pick up the pictures in your blog, I suggest you put relevants tags.
[url=http://www.autsch.tv/]News & Technology Blog[/url]

probafix
Posts: 866
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:57 am
Contact:

Re: Images not showing in Google

Post by probafix »

Google images work properly in firefox...try this.
Profit is just a click away - packages available now >>> visit Profit.biz

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 694 guests