Trying to get started with the basics of SEO

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
nenene
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:00 pm
Contact:

Trying to get started with the basics of SEO

Post by nenene »

Put every header in <H1> and put any subheaders in <H2>
Wrapped all my text bodies in <p>
Added alt and title to all my images
Added title to all my ul, li, a, ol, and H1, H2
Tried to put as much raw HTML in as possible
Got a sitemap.xml and submitted it to google

What are the other basics that I can go about helping with Google?

What else can I do now to help improve my website? Any websites I can use or services that help? I use ScrubTheWeb.com which analyzes my HTML and meta tags and shows me my page rank.

doomcashdown
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:02 am
Contact:

Re: Trying to get started with the basics of SEO

Post by doomcashdown »

nenene wrote:Put every header in <H1> and put any subheaders in <H2>
Wrapped all my text bodies in <p>
Added alt and title to all my images
Added title to all my ul, li, a, ol, and H1, H2
Tried to put as much raw HTML in as possible
Got a sitemap.xml and submitted it to google

What are the other basics that I can go about helping with Google?

What else can I do now to help improve my website? Any websites I can use or services that help? I use ScrubTheWeb.com which analyzes my HTML and meta tags and shows me my page rank.
If you want to know every bit of the SEO basics, then you can go to the Official Google Webmaster Central Blog for their Google's Starter SEO Guide. Here is the link: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... guide.html
[b][url=http://www.google.com/profiles/doomcashdown]Gary Blaze - Google Profile[/url][/b]

kevinkarl
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:03 am
Contact:

Re: Trying to get started with the basics of SEO

Post by kevinkarl »

doomcashdown wrote: If you want to know every bit of the SEO basics, then you can go to the Official Google Webmaster Central Blog for their Google's Starter SEO Guide. Here is the link: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... guide.html

Nice Post. Thanks For Sharing the Links. It's really Useful.
[b][url=http://forum.seowebdesignindia.com/web-design-lobby/great-minds-design-rent-my-studio-london-uk-fraud-companies-warning/]Rent My Studio[/url][/b]

cecille20
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:14 pm
Location: ph
Contact:

Post by cecille20 »

doomcashdown is right! :)For additional information you can try to participate in all webmaster forums about SEO. It can help you to understand the real process of SEO.

medbook
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:10 pm
Contact:

Post by medbook »

Nice Post. Thanks For Sharing the Links. It's really Useful.
[url=http://www.medbook.md/]Medbook, Medical & Health Blog[/url]

KrazyG
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:25 pm
Contact:

Post by KrazyG »

I don't think or consider it as a big part of SEO... Maybe content optimization can be the right term for that.
[url=http://www.qualitymatters.com/Barbeque-and-Grill-s/90.htm]Weber BBQ Grills[/url]

ramirezhenry55
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:49 pm
Contact:

Post by ramirezhenry55 »

Nice tip for onpage optimization.After making this in your website its time to market your site the different social networking sites, forums and blogs.

popo256
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by popo256 »

Understanding on-page optimization is the starting point of SEO. Thank you for sharing your own tips and strategy.
[Excessive URL's removed for spam - Please only post one URL per post- ADMIN]

dirtmaster
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:46 pm
Contact:

Post by dirtmaster »

Good tips for the noobies. thanks.

khai
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:27 am
Contact:

Post by khai »

1. update your content
2. backlink :D

idolfanforum
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:07 am
Contact:

Post by idolfanforum »

thankd for the info. I'm struggling a bit with the idea of putting together a good meta description, any ideas??
[url=http://www.idolfanforum.com/]American Idol Fan Forum & News[/url]

financialresources101
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:31 pm
Location: London, United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by financialresources101 »

I would like to make an addition to this, many business owners are so concerned with increasing their site rank that they do not bother about the content. Writing good content is the key and if the website owner really wants to promote the business online, then he/she must hire a professional to write the stuff.
[url=http://www.financialresources101.com]Financial Resources Blog[/url]

wildnettechnologies
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:38 pm
Contact:

Post by wildnettechnologies »

But now so many factors have come which we have to follow to getting rank high in search engines.

royalroofing
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:39 am
Contact:

Post by royalroofing »

You may not be aware of the jeyword stuffing rule.
Be carefull not to get your site "keywordstuffed" because it will do your site more harm than good in the SERPs.
[url=http://www.royalroofing.com/]Royal Roofing Company Los Angeles[/url]

chauhan
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:44 am
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Trying to get started with the basics of SEO

Post by chauhan »

nenene wrote:Put every header in <H1> and put any subheaders in <H2>
Wrapped all my text bodies in <p>
Added alt and title to all my images
Added title to all my ul, li, a, ol, and H1, H2
Tried to put as much raw HTML in as possible
Got a sitemap.xml and submitted it to google

What are the other basics that I can go about helping with Google?

What else can I do now to help improve my website? Any websites I can use or services that help? I use ScrubTheWeb.com which analyzes my HTML and meta tags and shows me my page rank.

Can I tell you How put signature in forum ?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 539 guests